Android App awaited!

Hi. I see in the upcoming Bulb program many mentions of improvements to the ios app planned, but we android users don’t even have a first app yet! How about postponing the next ios improvement and build the android app instead! Over to you, Bulb techies!

Hi @stephen9620 – improving the ios app will make the first Android app better. Many of the changes we’re making are changes that will also be in the Android app.

That said, as an Android user and aficionado (and Bulb customer) myself, I share your desire for a wicked Android Bulb app. Think of the ios app as the flimsy prototype; the Android app will be the real deal. :smiley:

I just joined Bulb, and I see it says in the T&Cs I must:
“Provide monthly meter readings using MyBulb or within our mobile app or by using the automated telephone service,”

I can’t find the app in the Play store…

Hi @tony5410. You can submit meter readings on your MyBulb online account, via email to help@bulb.co.uk or on the phone at 0300 30 30 635. We’ll give you a shout when we’re close with the Android app (I’m an Androider too!)

+1 for Android.

+1 for android too!!

Was going to switch to Bulb but not until they do an android app. Too much of a fag to ring up or log on for meter readings every month ( (which is how I came across this thread checking for app). Funny thing is Android market share is steadily increasing (more androids than iPhones) whist Apple is starting to go down. Anyway, I like Bulb, like the ethos but will join Scot Power for now as they have an app

Seriously @campari1, as much as you’re more than welcome to switch to any supplier you want, I can say from personal experience that Scottish Power are about the worst one you could possibly pick to move to.

I’m not just trying to get you to switch to Bulb here, go have a good look at all of the other options if an Android app means that much to you.

I will say though that using the my.bulb.co.uk website in a browser on Android is not the worst experience in the world. You can create a shortcut to that from your homescreen to easily submit meter readings.

From many recent discussions, it sounds like the Android app will be with us sometime around the new year. Maybe a few months of cheaper, more ethical energy without an app wouldn’t be the end of the world?

Seriously @campari1, as much as you're more than welcome to switch to any supplier you want, I can say from personal experience that Scottish Power are about the worst one you could possibly pick to move to.

I’m not just trying to get you to switch to Bulb here, go have a good look at all of the other options if an Android app means that much to you.

I will say though that using the my.bulb.co.uk website in a browser on Android is not the worst experience in the world. You can create a shortcut to that from your homescreen to easily submit meter readings.

From many recent discussions, it sounds like the Android app will be with us sometime around the new year. Maybe a few months of cheaper, more ethical energy without an app wouldn’t be the end of the world?

I have to agree with mowcius here. I have been a customer of a number of providers and Bulb has been the standout best - from a user-friendly, ethical and price perspective. The mobile web experience is a pretty clean UIF, which I hope will carry over into the App. And don’t get me wrong, I welcome the day of energy renationalisation, but until that happens, stick with Bulb.

Anyway, I like Bulb, like the ethos but will join Scot Power for now as they have an app
No offence old bean, but that seems a strange order of priorities
Anyway, I like Bulb, like the ethos but will join Scot Power for now as they have an app
No offence old bean, but that seems a strange order of priorities
It does, but he may be a young bean!