Annual Cost Estimate seems really high?

Hi, we have recently joined Bulb and noticed that our annual cost estimate seems really high. We’ve been with Bulb for around 25 days and looking at the meter readings we have provided weekly I can work out it to be around £32 (using daily rate, night rate and standing charge) monthly, while using the estimate it is over £110.

I heard that Bulb collect payments based on annual estimate, so we don’t really want to be charged extra if there is not a reason to charge that much.

Thank you.

Hi Joanna, we certainly wouldn’t vary your payments based on estimates of usage. Over time our estimates will improve as we get more and more meter readings from you. If you find your payments are set too high you can reduce them in your MyBulb under “Change my Payment Details”

Thanks

Hi Joanna, we certainly wouldn't vary your payments based on estimates of usage. Over time our estimates will improve as we get more and more meter readings from you. If you find your payments are set too high you can reduce them in your MyBulb under "Change my Payment Details"

Thanks

@anthony796 That’s great news, thank you for the explanation :+1: :slight_smile: