Anyone been sent any communication about a price rise?

Hi all
Anyone been sent any communication about a price rise. I knew there was one in the offing but to simply increase tarifs without notification is quite rude.

Hi all Anyone been sent any communication about a price rise. I knew there was one in the offing but to simply increase tarifs without notification is quite rude.

The price rise was notified to customers around about 10 September and if you were an existing customer you were given 60 days advance notice before the price actually rose, i.e. the price rise took effect from 11 November.

If you go into your “Account & tariff info” page at: Bulb account and scroll down to messages what do you see?

I see ‘NO MESSAGES’
I joined 10 Sept.
Anyway I’m moving supplier because of this.

I see 'NO MESSAGES' I joined 10 Sept. Anyway I'm moving supplier because of this.

Is there not even a “Bulb Residential Welcome Pack” in your Messages.

A silly question but is it your DD which is being increased or the actual unit costs?

If you joined on the 10th of September (i.e. seconds after the price rise was announced - see https://bulb.co.uk/blog/energy-price-watch-changes-to-our-energy-prices-sept ) , you may have already been put on the ‘new rates’ and so you would not have any tariff changes. Customers who had signed up before then were given 60 days notice.

I received an email about the price rise and it is showing in my messages (also it was on the Bulb blog at the previous link, Bulb also gave people a ‘warning’ on the 9th of August along with posting their blog article at https://bulb.co.uk/blog/wholesale-energy-market-update-august warning that if wholesale prices don’t change, they’ll have to increase their prices) - so a total of 3 ‘official’ notifications (email, ‘my messages’ and blog entry) and 2 ‘warning’ notifications: I honestly don’t see what more Bulb could do to notify people about the price rise (apart from spending time and money individually calling each customer or sending out postal notifications - but what a waste those would be).

I was put on the old tariff. The one which encouraged me to change. I had no communications whatsoever about any rate change but as I have said I was aware there may be one in the offing so I kept my eye on things… I just noticed the rate had changed by looking on 14 Oct and started the move away from Bulb on 19/10/18 as a result.

I see 'NO MESSAGES' I joined 10 Sept. Anyway I'm moving supplier because of this.

Is there not even a “Bulb Residential Welcome Pack” in your Messages.

A silly question but is it your DD which is being increased or the actual unit costs?

Never had a Welcome Pack, nothing whatsoever in my ‘my messages’ DD did not change either. Unit rate did change that is why I have left or am in the process of leaving…

Sorry to hear about the mix up with the tariff notification. It seems like you must have hit a little software bug by joining on the actual day of a tariff change and thus got missed on the mailing notification.

I hope you’ve managed to secure a better deal elsewhere, in terms of unit rate pence per kWh and standing charge, not just considering the monthly payment amount. You may well be switching to a more expensive tariff despite the Bulb increase, which would be a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face just because of a little mistake. Many deals will be worse even though they might naively look better without close inspection. A bit like Brexit really.

Sorry to hear about the mix up with the tariff notification. It seems like you must have hit a little software bug by joining on the actual day of a tariff change and thus got missed on the mailing notification.

I hope you’ve managed to secure a better deal elsewhere, in terms of unit rate pence per kWh and standing charge, not just considering the monthly payment amount. You may well be switching to a more expensive tariff despite the Bulb increase, which would be a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face just because of a little mistake. Many deals will be worse even though they might naively look better without close inspection. A bit like Brexit really.

Nope, nothing like a ‘bit like Brexit’. My new plan will be £165.37p a year cheaper on current tariffs. I may move to another provider which would save me an extra £55.14 pa (£220.51) . Even Bulb say on my latest bill, I might find a cheaper deal, which I did.

Is that 10 September 2017 or 2018? Clicking on your profile it shows “Joined forum September 20, 2017”

Also, unless something has gone amiss with the dates registered on the Bulb forum you were actually a customer of Bulb in October ,2017 or possibly as early as August 2017?

I was a customer in 2017. I left but came back a year later so I refer to Sept 2018.

Might be a silly question, and I’m not trying to be patronising, but have they got your correct email address? Seems very unusual you have no messages at all, not even a welcome pack.

Might be a silly question, and I'm not trying to be patronising, but have they got your correct email address? Seems very unusual you have no messages at all, not even a welcome pack.

Yes they have.

Might be a silly question, and I'm not trying to be patronising, but have they got your correct email address? Seems very unusual you have no messages at all, not even a welcome pack.

Yes they have.

This is an odd situation and not clear cut, perhaps one of the Bulb team can shed a little light as what possibly may have gone wrong?

I suspect it has something to do with my leaving then returning on or about the price rise time. Not to worry.

@ian3268 Can you message me your property address please so I can check this out for you?

All, mystery solved, it would appear after investigation the email sent out advising customers of the impending price rise for some reason did not transmit to myself, I am grateful to Dan P for investigating this.