Anyone got a working smart meter?

I’ve only seen posts about smart meters not working.
Have any smets2 installations been successful? How about smets2 outside Bulb?
Just trying to get a bit of perspective.

Sorry, I’ve just spotted KW168’s post “In house display beeping”. Sounds like his/her meter is working - sort of.

I do look at this forum, and so completely ignored the recent invite to have a smart meter installed. However if I did get one installed, is there a reasonable chance it might work?

(lets ignore the pros and cons of smart meters - I’ve got a good handle on that)

As of a few weeks ago mine is fully working. *

• Technically there is still a problem for those with solar PV using the energy graph on the bulb site, but the bills are correct.
Sorry, I've just spotted KW168's post "In house display beeping". Sounds like his/her meter is working - sort of.

I do look at this forum, and so completely ignored the recent invite to have a smart meter installed. However if I did get one installed, is there a reasonable chance it might work?

(lets ignore the pros and cons of smart meters - I’ve got a good handle on that)

Figures from Bulb the other day said 25% of smart meter installation not working. From which 75% are working.

Thanks,
25% isn’t very good, but perhaps better than this forum would imply.

Do we know where the problems are? Is it the meters, installation, data communications, or bulb’s technology?

@Jimjam you’ll always find a higher proportion of complaints on the forums.

All of the complaints will be concentrated here. People who don’t have a problem dont normally Express that they don’t have a problem.

I think mine only worked for couple of months. Tried the suggested tips to remedy but no joy. Then emailed Bulb. Still no reply!

Mine hasn’t been working since installation at the start of the month. Like many I’m struggling to get a response from customer services on the phone, e-mail, social media or chat

Nope same here. No response to complaint emails… :rage:

Mine was installed back in May. The meters have been running in “dumb mode” ever since, and the IHD is useless except as a lightweight paperweight.

I waited months initially to get a response to an email query. Part of that query was resolved - they’ve updated my billing to reflect the new meter serials and readings. But the meters remain dumb as a doornail, and they’ve stopped responding to my emails requesting an update on when the meters might actually start to be smart.

I’ll be sending them another email shortly - an official complaint this time, notifying Bulb that they have 8 weeks to provide a satisfactory solution or I’ll be sending a complaint to Ofgem.

I had my smart meter fitted a week ago and so far it hasn’t communicated back to Bulb and the IHD is still showing only a single tariff rather than dual tarrif, so at the moment the meter change has been a complete waste of time. The call centre agent said that it might connect at any time but couldn’t say whether I was looking at a day / week / month or never. Indicates to me that they have no real idea what is happening or alternatively the Company is not giving any real information to their agents. This is a shame because I have been with Bulb longer than any other utility provider and think that on the whole it is a good company.

I would be interested to hear if you have moved any further forward.

Yes - mine was fitted in May last year and has been working fine for the majority of that time.
When first fitted the IHD was not working correctly for a couple of months, but that was fixed and has been solid ever since. Billing didn’t get sorted out for many months but has been correct since the autumn.
None of the issues affected my payments or supply in any way, so the only issue was the frustration of having a partially working IHD for a few months and the inability to see my energy use online for a while after that.

A little. Managed to get a senior member of the support team interested in my case and I now have far more detail on the issues.

My electric meter won’t be smart enabled for a while - there’s a significant tech issue that Bulb are working to resolve that once resolved should mean that the smart features will be turned on for everyone where it currently isn’t.

My gas meter, they’re sending an engineer out to do some work.

1 Like

Engineer couldn’t resolve our gas meter issue, so it’s still sitting there dumb as a door nail for unknown reasons. Electric meter issues still not resolved to my knowledge, so it’s also still dumb. Now pretty much a full year since they were installed.