ANyone having getting trouble getting a response from bulb?

Hi
I’ve been trying for weeks to get a reply to a specific question - I have emailed two different email addresses several times and all I get are these stupid stock replies which contain these tick boxes and a suggestion I go to the FAQ page none of which is of the slightest use.
There is no option to get a human response.

If I reply to the email I just get the same stupid stock response back
To add insult to injury it says there will be a follow up email within 5 days - well over 2 weeks later I am still waiting.

Customer service? Not so much.
I don’t have time to hang on the phone waiting for an answer - why can’t they just reply to an email?

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

If you use the help button you will get 3 options for contacting Bulb.

Yes, I emailed them a question, received an automated response and asked if that answered the question which it didn’t. I then emailed them again and said that I was unhappy with their customer service and received no response whatsoever.

If you use the help button you will get 3 options for contacting Bulb.

Yes one of which, email does not engender a human being responding! Telephone calls cost money.

Telephone calls cost money
. Live chat?

Yes if they are available at the time and you are not at work during their opening hours but that does not excuse Bulb ignoring people who email them. If they cannot be bothered to do anything but send unhelpful automated responses to emails then they should take this option off their ‘contact us’ section.

I have now been waiting 19 days for a reply to an emailed account problem, despite phoning (and been on hold for over 20 mins) and been told "yes they had received my email, but had “missed” replying to it. Its now been a week since they said they would “raise” my problem and reply.

Yes, had 3 emails ignored this month.

Quick/sudden lowering in customer service is a real “canary in the mine” indicator of any business

All the signs are there… within six to 12 months bulb will be gone … the directors will be looking at their next venture and maximising their returns before then (by concentrating on keeping the investors happy)

The poor employees (the PAYE ones with no shares in the business) will be believing all the lies they are spinned too… right till the end, the cleverer ones will be gone before the redundancies strike so accelerating the decline in service between now and then

I’m staying with them as they are competetive at the moment. But my main priority is to make sure that I’M NOT IN CREDIT WITH THEM (or debit as that will give them an excuse to up my DD - by making one of payments)

Quick/sudden lowering in customer service is a real "canary in the mine" indicator of any business

All the signs are there… within six to 12 months bulb will be gone … the directors will be looking at their next venture and maximising their returns before then (by concentrating on keeping the investors happy)

The poor employees (the PAYE ones with no shares in the business) will be believing all the lies they are spinned too… right till the end, the cleverer ones will be gone before the redundancies strike so accelerating the decline in service between now and then

I’m staying with them as they are competetive at the moment. But my main priority is to make sure that I’M NOT IN CREDIT WITH THEM (or debit as that will give them an excuse to up my DD - by making one of payments)

Good point for if they do ‘go tits up’ the customers will be at the back of the queue in terms of getting their money back. Don’t fall for paying by direct debit-use your debit card instead as you can determine what you pay each month. As most of the employees are youngsters and graduates I would not shed a tear for them as they will have no difficulty in getting another white collar job,

@Pauli

So it’s nothing at all to do with quick growth and not enough staff to keep up?

@wulf

You are aware right consumers have more rights and protections paying by direct debit than a debit card which has very little.

Quick/sudden lowering in customer service is a real "canary in the mine" indicator of any business

Good point for if they do ‘go tits up’ the customers will be at the back of the queue in terms of getting their money back. Don’t fall for paying by direct debit-use your debit card instead as you can determine what you pay each month. As most of the employees are youngsters and graduates I would not shed a tear for them as they will have no difficulty in getting another white collar job,

I think customers dont lose out under orgem rules, other suppliers take up the slack, it can be a pain sorting out credits, only have to read stories from the suppliers who have gone bust in the last year or so.

Also I think we ALL pay one way or another for small suppliers going bust as the levy ofgem puts on the suppliers they can recoup from their customers

@Pauli

@wulf

You are aware right consumers have more rights and protections paying by direct debit than a debit card which has very little.

I am not saying that this will happen to Bulb-I hope that it doesn’t as we need more small companies like this when it comes to competition in the utilities sector-although I am in favour of renationalisation because the people should own the resources and the people were never compensated by the Tories for selling what did not belong to them. There are protections put in place by Ofgem if a supplier goes bankrupt and you switch supplier. The new supplier is SUPPOSED to reimburse you but as this does not appear to have happened yet I would not take the risk. It is sod’s law that something will go wrong and at the very least you will have to send numerous emails, letters and complaints before such a hypothetical mess is sorted out. Far better not to build up a big balance. If you pay by debit card YOU control what leaves your bank account, not Bulb. With Direct Debit you have little control. You also need to consider that Bulb will be earning interest from money that goes out of your account that is not being spent on energy. That money will be in Bulb’s bank account, not yours and earning interest for the company. By building up a credit you are in fact subsidising a capitalist endeavour.

@Pauli

@wulf

I think actions speak louder than words, when I received the email saying that they are increasing the referal payment to £75 for a week it points to the following scenario…

We had a meeting where we decided to allocate £100,000 (say) to try and generate more growth because the directors decided that it was more profitable for them and the investors to do this than use this £100,000 to fix the terrible ongoing support/tech issues - TOTAL INSULT TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS/STAFF

Why profitable… because any perceived value for the directors and investors will be wholly based on customer numbers when the business either goes belly up or is put on the market

Modern crony capitalism (I’m not anti-capitalist)

I think customers dont lose out under orgem rules, other suppliers take up the slack, it can be a pain sorting out credits, only have to read stories from the suppliers who have gone bust in the last year or so.

Also I think we ALL pay one way or another for small suppliers going bust as the levy ofgem puts on the suppliers they can recoup from their customers

Yes you are correct-in THEORY the new supplier is SUPPOSED to reimburse you but life isn’t like that, is it? Far better to take preventative action by not building up unnecessary credit. By paying by debit card, not by direct debit, you maintain control over what leaves your bank account.

Yes you are correct-in THEORY the new supplier is SUPPOSED to reimburse you but life isn’t like that, is it? Far better to take preventative action by not building up unnecessary credit. By paying by debit card, not by direct debit, you maintain control over what leaves your bank account.

I think were in total agreement here, shame other customers will be caught out

@Pauli

@wulf

I think actions speak louder than words, when I received the email saying that they are increasing the referal payment to £75 for a week it points to the following scenario…

We had a meeting where we decided to allocate £100,000 (say) to try and generate more growth because the directors decided that it was more profitable for them and the investors to do this than fix the terrible ongoing support/tech issues - TOTAL INSULT TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS/STAFF

Why profitable… because any perceived value for the directors and investors will be wholly based on customer numbers when the business either goes belly up or is put on the market

Modern crony capitalism (I’m not anti-capitalist)

Indeed and utilities such as gas, electricity and water should belong to the people, not a small clique of privileged capitalists. The people were never reimbursed by the treasonous actions of the Conservative government in the 1980s and 1990s.

I have been a consumer of gas and electricity for many decades and I was never personally compensated for Thatcher’s theft of public utilities. I saw no reason as to why I should have ‘bought’ shares in a utility which I already collectively owned. Hopefully if Mr Corbyn ever enters 10 Downing Street this will be an injustice that he will put right, once he has cleansed his party of the majority of crypto-Tories, including his own deputy.

The money saved from scrapping nuclear weapons and vastly reducing the size of the armed forces will help to pay for the necessary improvements to the hopefully renationalised utilities and public transport sectors.

Only people who joined back in the day when Bulb actually preferred debit card payments still have that option. Bulb no longer offer it to new customers - for them direct debit is the only payment method available.

I have been a consumer of gas and electricity for many decades and I was never personally compensated for Thatcher's theft of public utilities. I saw no reason as to why I should have 'bought' shares in a utility which I already collectively owned. Hopefully if Mr Corbyn ever enters 10 Downing Street this will be an injustice that he will put right, once he has cleansed his party of the majority of crypto-Tories, including his own deputy.
Only people who joined back in the day when Bulb actually preferred debit card payments still have that option. Bulb no longer offer it to new customers - for them direct debit is the only payment method available.

I joined in 2017 and I do not pay buy direct debit. See https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232592-How-can-I-change-my-payments-