Anyone having trouble with Smart Meter device not working and Bulb ignoring

Got my smart meter installed last Friday and already regretting it!

1- The device batery will last a max of 15min - needs to be plugged in at all time for it to work. Not great for a ‘green company’
2- Only after the instalation was done and because I complained to bulb that it was not working I was told that the device need to be plugged in overnight near the meter (or max 5m away) well, my meter is in the communal area way more than 5m away and there is no powersocket near the meter.
3 - Ask for it to be replaced to old meter since this is useless device, Bulb reply it will cost me £350
4 - Ask for my query to be forwarded to manager as complain, got told “We currently can’t replace smart meters because we are finalising our smart meter policy with Ofgem. /Until this policy is finalised, we can’t get it replaced at this time. / Unfortunately there isn’t a timeline on this at this time.”

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

I only want the old device to be placed back without paying for it and Bulb help is completely ignoring me replying only with automatic messages. Under the Consumer Rights Act, I should not have to pay to my old meter back.

Hi @sophgds

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bulb community :wave:

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are facing with your smart meters and IHD. The IHD itself has around an hours worth of battery unplugged so we would recommend it is plugged into the socket at all times. Furthermore, If your walls are thick or the distance between your electricity meter and your In-Home Display is too large, it won’t be able to receive any data.

I have taken a look at your account and it looks like we may need to update our system with your new meter. I’ve sent you an email now requesting a photo of the new smart meter so we can have this updated and investigate the issues further.

Thanks
Nathan