Anyone tried Outfox the Market?

When I switched to Bulb they were very competitive. But I notice that now there are quite a few suppliers with lower usage rates and standing charges. A company called “Outfox the Market” seems especially competitive at the moment. Does anyone have any experience of Outfox? I confess I’m tempted.

1 Like

No experience personally. I avoided them due to the thoroughly awful reviews.

When I switched to Bulb they were very competitive. But I notice that now there are quite a few suppliers with lower usage rates and standing charges. A company called "Outfox the Market" seems especially competitive at the moment. Does anyone have any experience of Outfox? I confess I'm tempted.

I’m not talking from personal experience but there is a forum set up specifically by customers (past and existing) of Outfox the Market (OFTM). This was in response to the terrible treatment they suffered at the hands of OFTM, one example being OFTM reinstating direct debits multi times after the customers had closed the DD themselves. You have to make your own mind up but I would say keep well clear of them.

When I switched to Bulb they were very competitive. But I notice that now there are quite a few suppliers with lower usage rates and standing charges. A company called "Outfox the Market" seems especially competitive at the moment. Does anyone have any experience of Outfox? I confess I'm tempted.

I was with Outfox for about 6 months last year. They were the cheapest at first, but heavily increased their prices.
Customer service was terrible. It took me several calls to get them to understand that I was switching provider, and a further 3 months to get my credit refunded after leaving. To top it off, they’d continued charging my account after I had left, so I had to convince them refund me these charges also.
Personally, I could never recommend them as a supplier regardless of their prices.

I was with them and although at the time they were the cheapest they put the gas and electric prices up by almost 2p per Kw/h for electric and 0.6p for gas then they increased my direct debit and to £50 from £33. In October they started saying they were going to a duel direct debit and my winter one would be £110 and summer £48, the winter one alone, £660, would more than cover my yearly use.
I Had moved from British Gas as their prices at the time seemed too |true to be believable. They had no way of providing duel readings for someone that was on British Gas free time when they moved and couldn’t account for the two readings. When I left then in December 2018 they disputed the final reading for electric, that’s after I had moved to Bulb, I left it a few months hoping they would sort it but in May I complained to them through Resolver and ended up with the ombudsman finding in my favour awarding £70, I was just glad to be shot of them so accepted the £70. I got the money and the £5.87 credit into my account about a week ago. I wouldn’t go back to them now even if they where the cheapest.

Lumio was supposed to be the cheapest a few weeks ago but the figures they were using for the Bulb tariffs where out of date.

Great at first, then kept changing dd. Was paying £55 and using less than that but put it up to £120 and changed it every month. Finished witth them in April and only just got £180 back after numerous calls.

Avoid like the plague, although quote was cheaper we seemed to pay more than bulb, and were a nightmare to leave, kept blocking switch. Now back with bulb and seem better off in every way