Are Bulb going to reduce their prices

I have just done a price comparison and Bulb are no longer the cheapest. I can save £91 per annum with EDF. Are bulb going to reduce their prices any time soon?

I’m afraid my crystal ball isn’t working. Your guess is as good as anyone’s.

I have just done a price comparison and Bulb are no longer the cheapest. I can save £91 per annum with EDF. Are bulb going to reduce their prices any time soon?

Neither Amit and Hayden Co-founders of Bulb have shared this information with me.

Not in the next 30 days as that is the lead time they give for any price change.

Not in the next 30 days as that is the lead time they give for any price change.

Only when going up.

Wholesale prices for this winter are cheaper than they have been in the last two years. Unfortunately there have been a load of price increases in the Network, Green Charges, Smart Meters etc, and additional costs for larger suppliers. Bulb are 1/3 rd more expensive than the cheapest for Gas at the moment, so sadly I’ve had to leave. Shame.

I am concerned Bulb’s prices are no longer competitive. I could currently save £135/year by moving to Pure Planet, and that’s excluding any cashback incentives. I’ve been with Bulb for 2 years since September 2017, and in the past they had remained reasonably competitive, but not any more. Aside from avoiding the minor hassle of changing supplier, what are the reasons to stay with Bulb? Is anyone at Bulb anticipating a tariff cut any time soon? I’ve seen wholesale energy prices have dropped over the first half of this year. Any chance of passing the savings on to customers?

Wholesale Gas and Electricity prices are broadly decreasing. Can we hope for a tariff cut?

Guys I’ll leave it a week or so for someone to come up with reasons for me not to change supplier to Pure Planet, because at the moment that saving of £135 a year is looking very tempting.

My opinion is, if there was no smart meter rollout then you’d have seen a reduction already.

My opinion is, if there was no smart meter rollout then you'd have seen a reduction already.

You’re probably right @phproxy

I’d like to echo the sentiments here.

Im looking at a 10% saving moving to another well reviewed, 100% electricity company. Up to March prices seem to have been very competitive, but since then everyone else has been dropping prices and bulb hasn’t.

Ill leave it till October before I start weighing my options.

Who are you looking to move to Ben 281???

Classic bait-and-switch by the looks of it. We get drawn in by low prices, they bung the price up, enough don’t leave that they end up more profitable than they’d be if they stayed competitive.

This is all good for this year’s balance sheet. Beyond that not so good, as new customers don’t join and the existing ones leave.

I was hoping that Bulb were different to the rest, I was hopeful that I could forget about mucking about changing suppliers every few months to avoid getting conned. It looks like they’re probably not.

Cue the usual excuses about smart meter costs, eco charges, leaves on the line etc etc. Some customers may actually believe this, a few even repeat it!

Classic bait-and-switch by the looks of it. We get drawn in by low prices, they bung the price up, enough don't leave that they end up more profitable than they'd be if they stayed competitive.

Are you saying that Bulb have increased their prices since you switched to them?

Classic bait-and-switch by the looks of it. We get drawn in by low prices, they bung the price up, enough don't leave that they end up more profitable than they'd be if they stayed competitive.

Are you saying that Bulb have increased their prices since you switched to them?

They certainly have increased their prices twice. On 28th April 2018 and 12th August 2018!!!

@stevedav1dson They were very minor price increases. Also you failed to take into account the small decrease we were given in March this year.

Other standard variable tariffs increased in April this year by a much more significant margin.

For me my monthly payment hasn’t increased once and I’ve been here during the two proce increases and I still build up credit.

I’ve had more increases than decreases, and in terms of overall effect I’m at least £120 worse per year now.

1 Like

They certainly have increased their prices twice. On 28th April 2018 and 12th August 2018!!!

I’m aware when unit prices increased during my 18 months with Bulb the question was directed at IveGotThePower to answer. Perhaps IveGotThePower can respond?

I wouldn’t have been aware of the 28 April 2018 prices increase as I switched to Bulb a couple of days later,

Test post - comments are getting deleted