Assumed Annual Consumption - Gas

Can you clarify how this could be high? The difference in my meter readings for Gas over the past year have been approximately 2000 (kwh I assume) yet my Assumed Annual Consumption on my Tariff Information is 8865kwh. Big difference.

I need someone to explain the difference to me.

Can you clarify how this could be high? The difference in my meter readings for Gas over the past year have been approximately 2000 (kwh I assume) yet my Assumed Annual Consumption on my Tariff Information is 8865kwh. Big difference.

I need someone to explain the difference to me.

Your gas meter measures in either hundreds of cubic feet, or cubic metres. Your assumption that it measures directly in kWh (like your electric meter) is where your misunderstanding lies. Your bill PDF details the equation for how your gas meter readings are converted from volume to kWh. You’ve probably seen this conversion every month when you check your bill. Take a look at it, and come back if you still have questions :slight_smile:

Brilliant. Thanks for that. Appreciated. Will go and sit in the corner and have a think about what I’ve done. :wink: