Automatically swapped from Economy 7 rate to single tariff

Bulb is bankrupting me!!!
2 bed flat 3 storage heaters and immersion take and white goods.
£300 per month usage. Really
You have swapped my meter to s smart meter and I have just checked my bill and you have swapped me to a single rate tariff.
We are away for Christmas and switched everything off and it’s still recorded £2.82. We aren’t there!!!
You are bankrupting me. I checked with my daughter who has a three bed house with tumble dryers and washing machines going all day and doesn’t us that in a week!
My daily bill the other day was £14 for a day!! Two storage heaters on and immersion heaters!!!
What is going one. I have always had high bills direct debit was £160 but now this could result in over £260 per month. That’s another mortgage.
Please sort this out. I cannot speak to you as you are closed.

Hi @RippedOff2 I replied to another post of yours confirming you’re being switched to a 2-rate tariff. But if you still have concerns let me know and I’d be happy to pop you an email.

– Miriam

Hello

Thanks for swapping it. I would like to ask that you adjust the bill from when the meter was swapped as I will have been charge for the electric at single rate for that period, which was not my fault and should reduce the bill I am owing you.

Also I note from my phone app that all the previous bill have been removed so I am unable to go back through to check the reading s and charges.

Could you please adjust the charges going back to when the meter was changed.

Thanks

I’m in the same problem I’ve been trying to contact bulb for months still haven’t received a statement from September its a joke im going to be hit with a massive bill its not on I spoke to someone on the phone last month they said it was going to get sort amd still hasn’t really annyoing me

Hi @jordaning3 :wave: Welcome to Community,

I am sorry that you’ve been having issues with your billing but I can see you’ve managed to get this sorted, which is great :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any further questions then please let me know,

– KT :bulb:

No my meter problem still hasn’t changed at all. I still only have one meter rate.

What is happening with this situation. Was supposed to have been changed 23/12/21 and it is still the same.

Dreadful and considering as the cost of electric
Is through the roof this is costing me
A
Fortune

Sent remotely

Still not resolved. Still single rate tariff not change to economy seven costing me an absolute fortune said it to be changed on the 23rd of December but not changed just check meter I choose 500 units in one week this is not acceptable. Please contact me immediately as I want to know what you are going to do to resolve this matter otherwise I will be going to the ombudsman this is not acceptable.

Hi @RippedOff2

I’m sorry that this still hasn’t been resolved for you. I can see you got in touch yesterday and my colleague that you spoke to on the phone has been in contact with Ben who made the changes on your account to change it back to a 2 rate. Your next bill is due to be generated on the 27th January, so I’ve been advised they should have it fixed by then.

– Meg :bulb:

Hello. No still not fixed. Meter still showing one rate. Been in contact 5 times still not fixed. This is costing a fortune and time to me contact customer services. I have been told when I’ve spoken to customer services that it will be changed within 24 hours and this has not taken place. If this is not done by end of business today, I want the meter changed back to a standard economy 7 meter other wise I will complain to the ombudsmen. This is very poor and can be done remotely unless Bulb has made a mistake and swapped a meter out for a smart meter when they are unable to support two rate smart meters. Unacceptable and poor service from Bulb.

Hi @RippedOff2

Apologies for not getting this sorted for you sooner. I have been through your account this afternoon and corrected the meter details, as we were receiving 2 meter readings from your smart meter, however both readings weren’t being applied to your account correctly. This is now fixed, meaning that you should see both readings when you log into your account from now onwards.

I have sent out an updated statement for you, so that should come to your email this afternoon. Please let me know if something doesn’t look right on that new statement and I can get it corrected for you.

-Luke :bulb:

Hello Luke

From Nov til now looks ok.

It’s the time from when the meter was installed in Aug to 27 Nov that’s need looking at as these payments are at a single rate and not a dual Economy 7 rate. Could this please be calculated and amended as requested. Even if you are able to do this on the national average of Economy 7 percentage of usage would be helpful. As one of the bills for that month in Oct is 1400 units about.

Thanks
Martin Griffiths

Sent remotely

Hello Luke

From Nov til now looks ok.

It’s the time from when the meter was installed in Aug to 27 Nov that’s need looking at as these payments are at a single rate and not a dual Economy 7 rate. Could this please be calculated and amended as requested. Even if you are able to do this on the national average of Economy 7 percentage of usage would be helpful. As one of the bills for that month in Oct is 1400 units about.

Thanks
Martin Griffiths