Bank transfer

I cannot find the account information for bulb to set up bank transfer… Anyone know it!?

They don’t give out that information. There is a button in “Payments and Statements” for making a top-up payment which makes use of your existing direct debit mandate.

You posted this question on another thread which already answered your question. Bulb do not accept bank transfers, but you can top-up using your usual payment method (a debit card or direct debit) via your Bulb dashboard:

http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/12397/account

You posted this question on another thread which already answered your question. Bulb do not accept bank transfers, but you can top-up using your usual payment method (a debit card or direct debit) via your Bulb dashboard:

Not any more. The top up just runs an additional direct debit transaction for the specified amount. Which is fine.

Not any more. The top up just runs an additional direct debit transaction for the specified amount. Which is fine.

I’m set up to pay by recurring card payment (not direct debit) and when I click to top up, my debit card details come up.

Grandfather rights. New customers don’t get this option.

I'm set up to pay by recurring card payment (not direct debit) and when I click to top up, my debit card details come up.

… and in addition to what christos_1 said, it’ll also go away for you when your card expires and you can’t register a new one.

Just been looking on the Internet about recurring card payment and the overwhelming opinion from various advice sites is to keep well away from this form of payment and go for Direct Debit as the latter has built in safeguards compared to recurring card payment .

So my question is why would someone opt for recurring card payment over Direct Debit?

I hate to think how many years I have been using Direct Debit without one instance of anything going wrong.

This is from Bulb’s T&Cs, which goes against comments you must pay by Direct Debit.

3.8. If you have a standard meter, you agree to pay for your energy by monthly automatic payment by Direct Debit or by Debit card.

So my question is why would someone opt for recurring card payment over Direct Debit?

One reason, historically, would be to charge the amount to a cashback credit card.

Now that cashback credit cards have all pretty much died or been neutered, and instead current accounts with cashback for direct debits have become popular, there’s no reason at all to use anything other than direct debit.

I think the main reason is that people feel a subjective lack of control with direct debits. I don’t understand it personally. I would suggest that the problem for most people is a lack of financial planning ability, which is why they tend to prefer pushing payments via standing order or manual transfer.

This is from Bulb's T&Cs, which goes against comments you must pay by Direct Debit.

3.8. If you have a standard meter, you agree to pay for your energy by monthly automatic payment by Direct Debit or by Debit card.

You don’t seriously expect Bulb to update their published terms and conditions, before enforcing a change in terms and conditions do you? :#

Last modified: 11 July 2018
:s

Hi @Cml I have sent you the bank details to make a payment. Although we require members to have a direct debit set up, if someone moves into a house that is supplied by Bulb, but wishes to switch away, we cannot force them to set up a direct debit. The period that we supply them may only be a matter of weeks, so we do support payments by bank transfer, as well as Western Union. This is also the case if a landlord takes over liability between tenants.