Being asked to increase Monthly Payment

If I am being asked to increase my monthly payment and my account is in credit, does this mean that the like for like quote you gave me to entice me away from my previous suppler was somewhat false? Have you misguided & mislead me intentionally to increase your customer base?

If I am being asked to increase my monthly payment and my account is in credit, does this mean that the like for like quote you gave me to entice me away from my previous suppler was somewhat false? Have you misguided & mislead me intentionally to increase your customer base?

Purely from another customer of Bulb. I don’t think Bulb is in the business of misleading you intentionally or even by accident. If this were to happen word would soon get around and people wouldn’t switch to Bulb.

I won’t go through the rationale why Bulb are asking you to increase your monthly payment as this has been discussed a number of times on this forum during the last week.

What I would suggest is that as you are in credit that you ignore the request to increase your monthly payments until such time as your credit is used up, leaving enough to pay one month in advance for energy used…

However you should bear in mind that during the approaching winter you most likely will use more energy and perhaps this is the reason you are being asked to increase your payments, plus there is an increase in the unit cost of energy as from 10 November