Being denied £50 referral credit

I referred a family member mid October 2018, I received the email from bulb saying they had signed up and I would receive £50 credit on 6th November when they completed the switch over.

However shortly after this I had to move home quite quickly and wasn’t able to transfer Bulb to the new property and therefore had to tell Bulb I needed to close my account with them.

Bulb now say that they will not pay the referral credit to me as my account ‘was closed’ at the time the family members supply started with Bulb. Whilst my account did technically end on 24/10/18 the referral was made 2 weeks before this. Also despite my account being ‘closed’ it has a credit of £60 which is owed to me which as of todays date still hasn’t been refunded to me either.

I will be making a formal complaint about this as this policy is not mentioned in their terms & conditions ( Terms & Conditions | Bulb ) it simply states:

17.1. Definitions:

17.1.3. Recruit: The person being referred

17.2.7. If the Recruit cancels their agreement with Bulb before the Switch Date, this will result in the cancellation of the Referrer’s Reward and the Recruit’s Reward.

Since the recruit hasn’t cancelled their agreement I cannot see the problem?

And remember I was a full paying Bulb customer at the time I made the refferal!

Hi @DeanR,

Speaking just as another customer, the T+Cs at Terms & Conditions | Bulb do make the following clarifications:

17.1.2. Referrer: An existing member of Bulb participating in the Programme.
17.2.4. Referrers must be existing Bulb members
If you have cancelled your account, you probably aren’t counted as an existing member.

As to your refund, you’ll receive your final bill within 6 weeks of leaving ( Leaving Bulb – Bulb ) once Bulb has your meter readings from your new supplier and they’ll then process the refund which can take around a week to work its way through the banking system.

Credit is not earnt when you refer someone, it’s earnt on the date that they switch, based on your referral.
You were not a customer at that point so you didn’t earn the referral credit.

Credit is not earnt when you refer someone, it’s earnt on the date that they switch, based on your referral.
You were not a customer at that point so you didn’t earn the referral credit.

Surely the easy solution here is to get your family member to refer you to Bulb again (for your new property), and you’ll both get £50 from that referral.