Beware!

For the first time in many many years I find myself in debt with my bills to the tune of just under £700! When I moved over to Bulb they set a tariff and I said it wasn’t enough but they insisted it was more than enough. I’m used to getting a chunk of money back from energy suppliers not owing it! The only way I’m getting out of this is paying a lump sum to bring down the balance. So, beware of the low tariffs people…

There is nothing to be wary about.

If the bulb tariff had a lower kwh price than your previous tariff (was in my case) then indent understand how you could have got so far in debt unless you substianlly changed your energy requirements in the meantime.

Bulb try and make an average of 12 months payment and keep it consistent.

My payments have never moved in more than a year with bulb.

For the first time in many many years I find myself in debt with my bills to the tune of just under £700! When I moved over to Bulb they set a tariff and I said it wasn't enough but they insisted it was more than enough. I'm used to getting a chunk of money back from energy suppliers not owing it! The only way I'm getting out of this is paying a lump sum to bring down the balance. So, beware of the low tariffs people........

Hi Gordon

Each month Bulb send you a statement which shows the cost of energy used and your account balance.

Have you been checking these and also submitting regular meter readings so that the costs of your energy are as accurate as possible?

If you have been dong this I find it surprising to see that you are £700 in debt.

Also if you thought your payments were not enough you could have increased the DD payments via your accounts dashboard.

never had a staement but im on pay as you go so i guess i have to put up with paying over 10 a wek for electricity same as sse dont know why i bothered changing cheaper tarriff but still paying the same amount very weird

never had a staement but im on pay as you go so i guess i have to put up with paying over 10 a wek for electricity same as sse dont know why i bothered changing cheaper tarriff but still paying the same amount very weird

This is a different issue to the initial post. You don’t have to put up with anything regarding your prepayment. Check out a comparison site and speak with your feet if you find a valid cheaper tariff, Bulb don’t charge an exit fee.

Hi @Gordon74

I’m very sorry for the shock with your payments. I can see that your usage is higher than your monthly payments which is why we’ve suggested an increase in your payments a few times. We’d be more than happy to chat with you over phone or email to ensure we find a payment scheduled that suits you so you don’t need to pay a lump sum.

You can drop us an email on hello@bulb.co.uk or if you’d like to chat with one of the team, you can reach us on 0300 30 30 635.