Big bill!

I was quoted a price for my electricity and gas and have been paying that but now I’m in ‘debt’ and you’ve more than doubled my monthly payment!!! I wasn’t paying this much with npower - you advised me your tariff was cheaper and now I’m in a much worse position.

I was quoted a price for my electricity and gas and have been paying that but now I’m in ‘debt’ and you've more than doubled my monthly payment!!! I wasn’t paying this much with npower - you advised me your tariff was cheaper and now I’m in a much worse position.

Just in case you are not aware you have posted to a customer Community forum.

You need to contact the Bulb help desk their contact details are via this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-contact-Bulb-

I was quoted a price for my electricity and gas and have been paying that but now I’m in ‘debt’ and you've more than doubled my monthly payment!!! I wasn’t paying this much with npower - you advised me your tariff was cheaper and now I’m in a much worse position.

How does your price per kWh compare with what you can get from npower?

Don’t confuse the direct debit payment with the bill. They are not the same thing.

When you obtained your “quote”, did you enter your actual annual usage in kWh or all Bulb to guess based on your property type? Is the bill you have received based on estimated or actual meter readings?