Bill by post

Hi,
Can we urgently receive a paper bill by post and one copy by email with both names that are supposed to be on the bill? We need them for tomorrow please for a proof of adress. Thanks

Can we urgently receive a paper bill by post and one copy by email with both names that are supposed to be on the bill? We need them for tomorrow please for a proof of adress. Thanks

You can download PDF statements from the “Payments and statements” section of your account.

As for a paper bill, Bulb will be able to arrange this for you if you contact them directly by phone, email, or webchat, rather than through this customer community forum. But they are not open until Monday morning. Obviously even if they handled your query right now, without a time machine it’s not going to get to you through the post until Tuesday at the earliest.

Ok thank you. I will ask one to be sent by email then because I need one for tomorrow.
When I try to enter the gas meter reading it doesn’t upload the information I had to add a picture to it but still the information doesn’t appear in my account. I don’t know why if you could tell me what to do please.

Ok thank you. I will ask one to be sent by email then because I need one for tomorrow.

As I said, you can download your latest PDF statement from the “Payments and statements” section of your account.

When I try to enter the gas meter reading it doesn't upload the information I had to add a picture to it but still the information doesn't appear in my account. I don't know why if you could tell me what to do please.

I’m afraid this is just a customer forum populated by other customers such as yourself. You’ll need to phone Bulb when they open on Monday morning.