Bill correction, why?

Hello, in one year Ive had 2 bills corrections, I got back the sum I paid for the previous bill and I got a new bill for 2 months usage. I dont get it, why?

Also, I am around £240 in credit and I don`t use much energy as I work long hours, I will not accept to increase my £50 DD as my credit and DD combined is more than enough to last me until next spring.
Is it possible not to receive those emails demanding meter readings and such, when I give my meter reading every month, without fail?

I can1t wait for your smart meters roll out, I won`t have headaches then.

Thank you.

Hello, in one year I`ve had 2 bills corrections, I got back the sum I paid for the previous bill and I got a new bill for 2 months usage. I don`t get it, why?

Typically a bill correction is made when you give meter readings just after a bill has been produced.

Since you say you give readings every month without fail, all your bills should be accurate with no corrections required. What exactly is being corrected when you receive the new bill? That might give some clue as to what is happening.

Also, I am around £240 in credit and I don`t use much energy as I work long hours, I will not accept to increase my £50 DD as my credit and DD combined is more than enough to last me until next spring.

Then don’t accept it. It’s not a requirement. Unlike many suppliers, Bulb allow you to log into your account and manually set the direct debit to whatever you want, subject to it not being far too low.

Is it possible not to receive those emails demanding meter readings and such, when I give my meter reading every month, without fail?

I can1t wait for your smart meters roll out, I won`t have headaches then.

One day I hope to live such a charmed life that receiving one extra email is the only thing that gives me headaches. That sounds fabulous.

Hi, thanks for your post, however Im waiting for someone working for Bulb to answer. Im giving my meter reading on the same day of the month, before my bill is produced btw.
And when I receive an email that reads like an ultimatum, what can I say, I don`t like it. Kudos for you if you do.

Hi, thanks for your post, however I`m waiting for someone working for Bulb to answer.

In which case it would be more appropriate if you contact the Bulb team direct, details can be found via this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

Hi I too have had corrections in the passed, and did telephone in (always do if I am not sure of anything)
Maybe I was lucky for I always get to speak to someone and the explanation I was given seemed to be OK, some bits you have to take on trust, I guess.
I watch what I use and what they charge and will at once speak with them if change is needed in payments taken to correct a balance debit or credit. I don’t really take that much notice of how their mails are worded, I just scroll down to the amounts shown and taken and check the details.
There seems to be more of a phone wait now (about 10 minutes so they say) but I seem to get to someone and my query is usually settled.
Just talk again to them.

Hi @Doinita

There are two reasons why you might have receive a consolodated bill.

1. We made a mistake. There were a few customers that were sent a consolidated bill by our billing system. We’ve fixed this bug now so this should not happen again.
  2. You have given us a meter reading after your statement date and requested a new bill.

Even if you have credit in your account, your average annual usage is greater than your payments. This means that by this time next year, your account will be in debit. You can read a little more about why we do payment reviews here.

You can always change your direct debit payments on your Bulb account.

I’m afraid we cannot stop sending you reminders. It is an Ofgem requirement. We’d be happy to take you off our marketing emails though.

Thank you for your reply Eleanor, I will increase my DD payments if necessary, but for now there is no need.
I always give meter readings 2 days before my DD payment, if I give it earlier than that, I get an estimate bill wich I hate. I want to pay what I use wich is normal, no one likes to pay lots in advance for something.

I never requested for a new bill and probably your first answer clarifies why I get bill corrections.
Thank you for your time, D.

PS. I will always post here if I have an enquiry as it`s much easier for me to follow up when I have the time, I work 7 until 7 with one hour lunch break, I have no time to make phone calls unfortunately.

PS. I will always post here if I have an enquiry as it`s much easier for me to follow up when I have the time, I work 7 until 7 with one hour lunch break, I have no time to make phone calls unfortunately.

Bulb also accept emails.

I know that, but I like to help others in my situation, they can read it all here :slight_smile:
Thanks for your replies anyway.

Thanks @Doinita and I’m sorry for the confusion.

We’ve fixed the bug so this shouldn’t happen again.

Yes, please keep asking your questions on Community. It’s really helpful for other members :slight_smile:

Thank you, will do :slight_smile: