Bill does not show last 2 meter readings

Hi. I always submit gas and electricity readings to you on the first of each month.
My latest statement shows estimated readings for the current month and last month. Why does my statement not show my actual (lower) readings?

Hi. I always submit gas and electricity readings to you on the first of each month. My latest statement shows estimated readings for the current month and last month. Why does my statement not show my actual (lower) readings?

What date of the month is your statement issued?

This has happened to me, too. I have sent readings and a photo of my meter as requested each time. I have had an acknowledgement email from Bulb each time. But the reading never gets as far as the statement!

This has happened to me, too. I have sent readings and a photo of my meter as requested each time. I have had an acknowledgement email from Bulb each time. But the reading never gets as far as the statement!

Do they show up in the Energy Usage page Bulb account

Thanks for the link. Looks like my November readings never made it through to you.
December ones did tho.
Bill date is around the same time as I submitted readings so I don’t mind getting estimated bills as long as it is corrected the next month.
Ill wait and see what happens in Jan.

Thanks for the link. Looks like my November readings never made it through to you. December ones did tho. Bill date is around the same time as I submitted readings so I don't mind getting estimated bills as long as it is corrected the next month. Ill wait and see what happens in Jan.

Just to avoid any confusion I’m a customer so not speaking on behalf of Bulb.

To avoid estimates it is best if you submit your meter readings a couple of days before your statement date and when prompted by the monthly email from Bulb which says:

Keeping your account shipshape

Hi ********,

Just so you know, your monthly payment of £**.00 will come out of your bank account in three days.

If you’d like us to calculate your monthly statement using your actual usage, enter a meter reading in your Bulb Account today or tomorrow.

I’ve just switched to Bulb. I was asked to submit my first reading, which I did, and got an e-mail confirmation. But the reading doesn’t appear in my account. I went through this process 2 more times on different dates, got the e-mail, but still no sign of my readings.
Later, I changed my DD to go out a week earlier, got a message saying it looks like I’m paying too much & could I submit a reading . I did this, and this time it does show on my account.
I’ve been with so many suppliers, but why can’t any of them get this DD thing right, even when we regularly submit readings? It would be easier to go back to the old days of just paying your monthly bill as it comes, but they seem to charge extra for this, so there’s no solution to either overpaying or underpaying and having the DD messed around with.
My don’t they take any notice of the readings we submit?

@zapped

It isn’t possible for any of us fellow customers on this public forum to answer your query.

Have you tried contacting the Bulb team direct, as they are best placed to assist you?

What are your & others experience of this? Are your meter readings taken into account? Do you find there’s a huge time lag between your DD payments, meter submissions etc. before they appear in your online account?

@zapped

It isn’t possible for any of us fellow customers on this public forum to answer your query.

Do you speak for all the other customers on this forum?

Do you speak for all the other customers on this forum?

Of course not.

Quite simply none of us customer have access to your account details to be able to give definitive answer to your specific query on what happened to your meter readings. Only the Bulb team can say why they haven’t or don’t take your reading into account.

In my case my readings are always taken into account by Bulb when preparing my monthly statement. Personally I have absolutely no problem with my Direct Debit payments I know exactly what I should be paying each month so that my account will not go into a debit situation.

Why didn’t you contact the Bulb team direct they would have been able to supply an answer to your query?