Bill miscalculations

I’ve been with Bulb for a year so thought I’d enter my bills into a spreadsheet and figure out my usage and whether it would make sense to switch.
I had to apply a load of fudge factors for the bills to add up.
e.g. prev estimate 96080, new estimate 96358, Energy 279 kWh @ 12.39 p/kWh £ 34.52
First of all that’s 278 kWh and 27812.39 is £34.42 and 27912.39 is £34.57
So where does the £34.52 come from? Is 12.39 not an accurate value and there’s a more accurate value that you round to two decimal places?

Practically every statement has similar issues and it’s almost like someone typed the figures in by hand and used a calculator. They’re only off by a few pence so it’s more annoying than anything else. Is there any explanation?

Would be good to be able to download bills in CSV format.

Hi @zak the totals on the bills are calculated with tariff rates to 4 decimal places, so this should account for any discrepancies :slight_smile:

Hi @zak the totals on the bills are calculated with tariff rates to 4 decimal places, so this should account for any discrepancies :)

Would it be useful if the tariff was shown to 4 decimal places?

@Allanr it could be - we are trying to keep things simple with our bills, but I’ll put it to the team

It’s fine to keep things simple, but it’s more important that the numbers on the bill should add up!
Please do ensure that the rates are shown to the full 4 decimal places.

@Allanr it could be - we are trying to keep things simple with our bills, but I'll put it to the team

Thanks, however things would be just as simple if the unit rate were to be quoted to 4 decimal places as this would avoid the situation mentioned by zak at the start of this thread. Perhaps not in the same context but this is from OFGEM: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/open-letter-guidance-application-decimal-places-unit-rate-and-standing-charge-tariff-information-label-and-consumer-bills