Billing question

I’ve added up my last 13 statement amounts, which equal £929.12.

Then I multiplied my DD amount of £71.07 by 13, which equals £923.91.

Simple math! My account should be £5 odd in arrears.

My account is £65 in arrears!

How does this work???

Can someone from bulb answer this?

Thanks

Hey @Russ_121

That doesn’t sound right at all! I’d give help@bulb.co.uk a quick email or chat with one of the friendly faces at Bulb, here’s one of them @“Eleanor at Bulb”

@@Russ_121

I don’t think the calculation is necessarily is as simple as that.

1, Have you taken into account there have some price rises in the last 13 months?

1. Are you using more now than possibly the same period last year?
I’ve added up my last 13 statement amounts, which equal £929.12. Then I multiplied my DD amount of £71.07 by 13, which equals £923.91. Simple math! My account should be £5 odd in arrears.

My account is £65 in arrears!

Are you sure you are in arrears and not £65 in credit? (Remembering that Bulb tends to take ‘next month’ payment ‘up front’ so the vast majority of Bulb customers will be in credit?)

Bulb app says £65. Balance looks low, your using more than your spending.

It can’t be cause I used more over winter months as I’ve added up the statements. Winter months £120ish, summer months £35ish. DD is £71

It is inaccurate to use past payments to work out what your direct debit should be. You must use the past annual usage and then apply the latest tariff to arrive at estimated annual cost, you then divide by 12 to arrive at monthly direct debit.

Hey @Russ_121 .

If you’d like, we can consolidate all your statements since you’ve joined us into one.

You can then see how we have calculated your overall usage. @RichyB is right in that you are actually £65.86 in credit. The reason we suggest you increase your payments is that the winter months are coming up and your usage is likely to be higher than your current direct debit amount.

It’s up to you how much you pay each month but the recommendation is there to prevent you from building debit over the winter.

Let me know if you want the new statement and I can email one over to you.

Cheers

That’s fine thanks Eleanor.

Thanks for everyone’s replies.

Hi @Russ_121 , glad that’s resolved, let us know if you need anything else.