Bills

I’m interested in joining Bulb and I’ve had a quote that seems about the same as I’m paying now. I want to join but I think this quote is just generalised to my property, and I know I use less energy. Are my bills based on a meter reading from the month before? Or do I just pay however much they say and end up in credit? I’d rather not have credit balances to be honest. I can’t find terms and conditions on here to make a decision.

Hi @lucy111 - did you put your annual usage in kWh in the ‘Refine my Quote’ section?

That’s the best way to get an accurate quote, so I’d do that if you haven’t already.

At Bulb, we take a fixed payment in advance for the month ahead. So the first payment is taken on the day you switch. At the end of the month, we send a statement summarising your usage based on meter readings, the cost of the energy you used, and the balance on the account.

So you only pay for the energy you use.

You can also put your monthly payments up and down in your online account too whenever you like, so you’re always in control of what you pay.