Boiler not working

Hi,

We recently switched to bulb and our boiler has just stopped working. From looking at tutorials it sounds like it’s a gas supply problem. The boiler says f.27 There’s been no notifications about issues on our bulb account though? T

The responsibility for the gas entering your house sits with your local gas network. Nothing physically changes when you switch supplier it’s just that bulb becomes responsible for putting one unit of gas into the system for every unit you take out rather than your previous supplier. Switching to bulb won’t be the cause of your boiler issue.

While it is conceivable that your local gas supply has been compromised, I’m afraid the most likely situation is that your boiler is broken. Faults on the gas network are extremely unusual (far rarer than electrical outages). If you were to tell us the boiler make/model we could look up the code to further diagnose. Unfortunately I’m afraid you will most likely have to contact a gas safe engineer to get this resolved.

@Irit I can confirm that @ThatGuy is perfectly right. Please call a gas safe engineer to have them take a look.

@Irit I can confirm that @ThatGuy is perfectly right. Please call a gas safe engineer to have them take a look.

I’d hope they would have fixed it by now, in the month it’s taken Bulb to post a reply. Hardly even worth bothering to reply, now?