Broken Meter (Not IHD)

I have had a broken meter since August 2021, after some time convincing customer support that the meter was broken, it wasn’t just me who didn’t know how to use it. I had to send a video to show that the meter was just lit up red with nothing on the screen despite pressing the buttons on it. My IHD shows I have no electrical supply, and that my gas meter is off-line. Despite this I was asked to submit manual readings, which I have done for Gas, but of course I can’t for electric. I was told I would have to wait 4-5 months for an engineers visit, this was then booked via link for the 11/05/2022, but a week before I got an email to say the visit has been cancelled by the engineer due to availability?? I was asked to rebook via a link, but when I did it said I was not eligible for an engineer’s visit as I already had a smart meter. I have had no luck with online chat and am unable to find a phone number. This is just the most ridiculous customer service I have ever seen. I guess the upside is all the free electric I am getting.

Hi @sandor1 :wave: Welcome to Community :partying_face:

I am sorry your meter job was cancelled and you have not been able to rebook the appointment from your end.

I have raised this with our metering team and sent you an email to confirm. Once they have reviewed your case they will book you for the next available appointment.

Thanks,
KT :bulb: