Broken Smart Meter

Hi, before I moved to Bulb I was with Ovo and they fitted smart meters at my property. A couple of weeks ago our front lawn flooded with the heavy rain and the ground level gas meter was submerged. I have checked it a couple of times recently and seen that it seems completely dead so think it needs replacing.

Ideally I would like to replace with the new type of smart meter but I don’t think Bulb are rolling these out yet. Is there any kind of smart meter trial I can join? Whatever the answer, it does need replacing as it isn’t recording my gas usage, though that is almost non-existent at the moment.

Thanks!

Hi there @CarsCarpal thanks for letting us know about this, it definitely sounds like we’ll need to get that gas meter replaced. As you say, we aren’t rolling out smart meters just yet (you can sign up for the waiting list for the second generation smart meter trial here if you like) so we’ll need to get that meter replaced with an old fashioned gas meter, for now. If you wouldn’t mind getting in touch directly, you could email help@bulb.co.uk or give us a ring on 0300 30 30 635 from 9:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday whichever is easier, we’ll get that sorted out for you.