Bulb a waste of space?

I recently changed to Bulb , this month they tried to overcharge me by over £300, today they have increased my monthly payment from £58 to £87. Are they cowboys ?

The general consensus of opinion is they are not, however if you have recently switched then there can be issues which are outwith Bulb`s control due to legislation insisting any switches must use 3rd party verification for final readings. This can take up to 6 weeks.
During this period you will have set up a D/D based on historical readings and estimates maybe used until your final readings have been verified.
If you feel the figures are well out then I would phone or use live chat to discuss with them (Mon-Fri) and I am sure they will sort it for you.

I agree with Scudo; they are not cowboys and haven’t taken me for a ride over the past year and a half. Give them a call on 0300 3030635.

oh dear Ian probably due to recent switch you may have left your previous provider whilst in debt therefore having to clear that and pay your present account, did you not get a welcome credit or use a refer code from a bulb client? I hope you get sorted

oh dear Ian probably due to recent switch you may have left your previous provider whilst in debt therefore having to clear that and pay your present account
To clarify, the only way debit on an account can be moved between suppliers is with a pre-pay meter account. If you are in debit on your account when you switch suppliers, this will be settled with your previous supplier before you move.

@IanMcLean, I have to agree with what others have posted - Bulb aren’t cowboys.

Your Bulb account will be charged based on meter readings from your property, either ones you supply yourself, or estimated ones. What you pay monthly is roughly based on this, primaryily on historical readings for your meters.

If you’re paying too much monthly and your account is in a lot of credit, you can reduce this yourself in your MyBulb account. If your MyBulb account is not in a lot of credit then remember that it is the winter so your usage will be higher at the moment and lower in the summer months to come which should balance things out.