Bulb about to illegaly charge me.

Dear community/bulb

My switch to bulb got put on hold recently as I had to settle some balance with my old supplier, my old supplier rejected me to switch until I paid and that’s fine.

Bulb sent me an email to explain that I couldn’t switch and that’s fine too. What IS NOT fine is that bulb are going to take payments from my account on the 14th October as IF I AM A CUSTOMER BUT IM NOT YET obviously as they rejected me switching.

can’t get a hold of bulb on the phone or by email it’s a joke.

Please CANCEL MY DIRECT DEBIT AND REFUND ME. Already I am not liking the service by bulb and probably won’t switch when it’s time unless you guys actually reply to me.(bulb not community)

Dear community what should I do next?

Thank you.

Eils

This is a customer to customer open forum so none of us customers are able to answer the specifics of your query.

I just wonder if now that you have settled up with your old supplier, the switch to Bulb is due to happen on 14 October, hence why they are going to take payment on that date (I am assuming you know Bulb take payment in advance).

The Bulb team do visit this Forum so hopefully they will pick up your concerns later today (i.e. 11 October) when they are back in the office.

Out of interest what specifically did you mean when you said you can’t get hold of Bulb by phone or email?

Hi @Eils

I had very similar experience to you. I trusted Bulb and just waited, and I have to say everything has worked out just fine. The delays are caused by the previous supplier. If there is any debit balance on your old account (and of course there will be as you are still their customer) they put an objection on your move. The objection is not as drastic as it sounds - once your account balance is zero your old company will remove their objection. I paid the account balance a month ago to the old supplier but they made it extremely clear that I must not cancel my direct debit with them until the final payment was made. My transfer date to Bulb was 12 September, and final payment to old company (for the correct amount) was taken by them today 11 October.

Bulb did not object to you (or me) switching. In fact I have found them to be extremely responsive and they managed to keep my installation date the same despite the delay from the other side. I have had nothing but courtesy and help from them.

You asked the community what should you do. With upmost respect to you and recognition of how stressful changing suppliers can be, my suggestion would be to let it settle, stay calm, and give it time. It will all work out. Nobody is trying to illegally charge you.

0300 30 30 65 should get you through to Support.

Oops - number should be 0300 30 30 365

Hi thank you for the replies, much appreciated.

No I am still settling my balance with my old supplier until December. Until then I cannot switch.

However bulb did get back to me today to say that the can switch only my gas part of my dual fuel tariff but charge me full price even although I’m still getting and paying for my leccy somewhere else can they do that?

It’s all so confusing.

Best,

Eils

@Eils, the amount they are going to charge you just goes into your Bulb account. When you’ve switched completely, the money will still be there in your account for your energy charges to be taken from.

If you’re concerned about the amount they’re going to take initially as only the one fuel is being switched at this time, I’m sure Bulb will be able to refund a little for you.

For reference, as the number above is still wrong, Bulb’s phone is 0300 30 30 635

Hi thank you for the replies, much appreciated.

No I am still settling my balance with my old supplier until December. Until then I cannot switch.

However bulb did get back to me today to say that the can switch only my gas part of my dual fuel tariff but charge me full price even although I’m still getting and paying for my leccy somewhere else can they do that?

It’s all so confusing.

Best,

Eils

Since Bulb are already on the case for you it would be best if you posed any concerns about charging direct to Bulb, please see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

This is primarily a customer to customer forum which makes it difficult for any of us customers to advise what you should do.