Bulb app - No gas showing, but IHD is fine

Hi,

My smart meters were fitted just under 2 weeks ago and for the first 2 days the Bulb app showed data for both gas and electric, however since then I am only seeing electric and no gas. The IHD shows both, so is this just a glitch with the app bearing in mind it’s still in beta or do I have an issue?

Thanks
Chris

Hi @chrisbl :wave: Welcome to the Community!

I’ve taken a look through your account and the meter configuration on our end, and the connections look good.

We’re still getting automatic smart reading through for both meters, so it might be worth running through the quick fix built into your Bulb account to restart the connection between your meters and the IHD.

It usually takes about 48 hours for the IHD fix to take effect, but let us know how you get on below :point_down:

Best,
Ollie :musical_note:

Thanks Ollie,

I have actioned the quick fix, so let’s see how things go from now on.

On a side note, when I login to the app on my iPhone I don’t see any meter readings after the 29th April for electricity and after the 28th April for gas… so nothing at all for either for May.

Thanks

Chris

This is happening to me too. Gas just stopped tracking on 9th April. Electric is ok. Reported it to Bulb but nothing happens

Hi @chrisbl :wave:t4:

I have just reviewed your account and can see that you have set up the smart reads to come through half hourly so you should be able to locate this on your account now. Can I also kindly add that the usage charts on your account aren’t designed to be live and are still in beta mode.

The only true way to calculate your usage is to take readings from the meter itself. This is how we issue your statement.

Hi @500chrisjones :wave:t4:

We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display. Your in-home display may be repeatedly restarting because of this.

We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which should helps re-establish the gas connection. - This should take about 3-4 weeks.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Thanks for the update. The IHD seems to be working fine, so hopefully the remote reset will work and get things online.

Do I need to submit a manual reading now? Please let me know and I will do so.

Thanks
Chris

Hi

Sorry was that meant for me, bulb had already confirmed they were getting my readings. When did this happen from? My display in the house has been fine too, nothing has been restarting?

It’s just the data on the website that doesn’t work for me.