Bulb broke my EV charger when installing a SMART meter now refusing to fix it

I had a SMART meter installed last week and whilst installing it, the operative has managed to stop any power from reaching my electric vehicle (EV) charger. Bulb are now refusing to come out and rectify the situation, suggesting it is an issue with the EV charger rather than an issue with them. This is despite the EV charger working absolutely fine before they installed the SMART meter. Has anybody else had this experience? The customer service I’ve around this has been absolutely shocking and would be interested to hear if others have experienced the similar issues in and how it was rectified.

Thanks
Ben

Hi @benrowland21,

Welcome to Bulb’s community! :raised_hands:

I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve had this experience with your EV charger being damaged. I took a look into the account and I can see you currently have an open complaint with my colleague regarding this matter, and we’re awaiting a response from yourself following our latest email.

In regards to the question you asked about the EV charger breaking following a smart install, this isn’t something we’ve come across often at all. I understand the next step would be to get an electrician to confirm that the issue is with either the meter or the EV charger itself so we can work out the next best steps, the email we sent to you today has more information on this.

We do really want to help you get this rectified and we’ll keep the complaint open until we come to a suitable resolution for you. Let me know if you have any questions about this at all.

Thanks,
Freya @ Bulb :bulb:

Hi Freya

I do have a question. Who is going to pay for this electrician to come out? I presume Bulb will given it was the work you performed that caused the issue? It was working before you came and now it isn’t.

If so please can you let me know the process for remunerating me for this cost.

Kind regards
Ben

@benrowland21 Hi Ben - if you can provide an electrician’s report showing the issue has been caused by the meter then we will be able to reimburse this cost. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can see you have an open complaint with us, so I would recommend trying to keep all correspondence in one place so we can get this sorted as quickly as possible for you. It looks like my colleague has recently responded to your latest email.