Bulb Bulletin: August 2021
I hope you’re all doing well. In July, we had 188 new posts and 511 comments. We also welcomed 117 new contributors to the community
Here’s what happened in July:
- We are continuing with our Energy news round ups, which summarise what’s happening in the energy industry. You can catch up on @Weekly_News_bot’s profile.
- @diggerdave ave asked a great question about battery storage. It’s worth checking out our Q & A with Immersa on this from a few months ago if you’re considering getting solar panels installed
- @HullChris asked whether we had different tariffs for different groups, which we don’t. Thanks to @mojo for helping @HullChris out here.
- @Freya_at_Bulb posted about the Warm Home Discount following feedback from @EJf, @grayvicky480, @Exeter1969, @Gav10001, @BONGSMAN, @ammara, @junemcooper and @claireoff. Thanks for getting involved everyone.
- We had a great question from @Maitland about their purchase of a Skoda Enyaq Electric Vehicle. It’s worth look into our EV tariff. You’ll have to let us know about your experience of getting an EV once it’s arrived @Maitland
- @Megan_at_bulb made a great post which outlined 10 ways to self serve in your Bulb account. Thanks for the really useful tips Megan.
- @Billj4321 design heat pumps professionally and has given some great insights about heat loss calculations.
- We had a great comment from @col1 about their experience of having a heat pump installed. Thanks for sharing all of those tips.
And coming up in August:
- I’ve shared a post about the Priority Services Register. You may be entitled to extra support so it’s worth having a look.
- We’ll be posting about how estimated readings work - look out for that from @daisy_at_bulb.
- Heat pump conversation will be continuing as @cara_at_bulb will be posting a PPA, generator, hydrogen map soon.
- Look out for a post on sustainability in the office from daisy_at_bulb as well