As 2020 has drawn to an end, here’s a reminder of what we got up to last month:
- Firstly, we reflected on and celebrated a really successful year on Bulb Community with our 2020 Community Roundup, featuring our favourite moments of the year and some special Community member shoutouts too.
- 2020 was a difficult year for everyone, but there were some silver linings in there - we shared our top ten good green news stories (try saying that three times fast!)
- We shared the final instalment of our 6-part ‘how to’ guide series, showing you how to change your smart meter reading intervals. You can view the other guides linked in our December bulletin too.
- Christmas may have come and gone, but our 10 quick wins for saving energy are still super helpful for bringing your bills down while the cold weather’s with us
- We celebrated the Winter Solstice on 21 December with a Solar Quiz and the announcement that we’d paid out over £1m through the Feed-In Tariff and Smart Export Guarantee schemes in 2020 alone!
- @kit_at_bulb fielded some really interesting discussions on Community about the rise of EVs (Electric Vehicles)
- Our #poweredbybulb referral competition went live, with one lucky winner getting a stack of goodies from Bulb-powered businesses
- Our sustainability lead @shaunagh_at_bulb shared our Carbon Footprint report, outlining how we’re committed to being a Carbon Neutral company, and also reacted to the Government’s Energy White Paper on their exciting ten point plan to reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2050.
- Riccardo, one of our brainy Bulb designers, explored how we design our app icons to make them perfectly Bulby.
It’s been a busy month on Community as you can see, and here are some shoutouts for this month:
- Shoutout to @izzyhunt for her continuing to help members and signposting them to other help.
- @darknight74, in their very first Community post, shared a fantastic idea for usage graphs in monetary value and in energy kWh/m³, which we’ve fed back to our Smart team.
- And finally, thanks to @daviddorrington10 for reminding us of the joys of snow
As always, if you have seen something on Community that you think deserves a shoutout, do let us know!
And last but not least, here’s a flavour of how we’re setting off 2021 with what’s to come this January:
- Our CEO Hayden will be sharing a post on how sustainable living has changed in the wake of COVID-19
- We’ll be kicking off our Energy Explained series on our social pages
Plus more to be announced!
Thanks for all your support and as always, any comments and feedback are welcome.
All the best,