I hope you’re all doing well. In August, we had 138 new posts and 570 comments. We also welcomed 94 new contributors to the community
Here’s what happened in August:
- @niamh_at_Bulb started the month off with a post on the free extra services we offer at Bulb. Could you be eligible for the Priority Services Register?
- @daisy_at_Bulb shared a post explaining how estimated readings work and why we use them for our statements. If you’ve ever been left wondering by estimates on a statement this post is really helpful.
- Our very own @sophia_at_Bulb gave members the chance to join a conversation about offsetting and discuss the Carbon Calculator in a one-on-one
- @niamh_at_bulb posted on the launch of the Tech Zero Task Force earlier this year to accelerate the Government’s plans to reach net zero by 2050.
- @megan_at_bulb updated our members on the exciting news that we are now installing 5 terminal smart meters. This led to some great feedback from @norman7115 on Economy 10 meters, so we’ve raised a ticket with our content team and should have some more searchable help articles on the subject soon.
- @aminix_at_bulb’s post on making access to our APIs available continues to get some really thorough responses from @cholek3 @_harry @colin66south @ajhayter and @kiraly.jozsef - thank you.
- @daisy_at_bulb kicked off our sustainability in the office series, sharing some insights into how we’ve been making our office more environmentally friendly. This month she looked at the brands we use and materials we’ve used in office spaces.
- @Izzyhunt shared an insightful post about heat pumps and how they have a future in home heating.
- Our energy news roundups continue, which summarise what’s happening in the energy industry each week. You can catch up on the @Weekly_News_bot profile.
And coming up in September:
- @cara_at_bulb will be giving us an introduction to hydrogen fuel, looking at grey, green and blue production.
- #WorldEVDay was on the the 9th of September and you now have the opportunity to trial a beta EV tariff with 4 hours of super low-cost electricity every night! (if you have a second generation smart meter.)
- @lou_at_Bulb will be talking about ‘What it’s been like to work remotely’ as we return to the office.
- Top Trumps are back from @holly_at_Bulb , this month is taking a look at hydrogen biomass and geothermal.
- Look out for part 3 of sustainability in the office from @daisy_at_bulb