Bulb changed tariff without asking

When with EON I got rid of ‘Economy 7’ day and night rates because nearly all electricity is used in the daytime here. That then cost me less.

Then I move over to Bulb and without asking they changed me to a variable rate. I didn’t notice for a long time but now I have, I want it changed back and to know exactly how many kwh I’ve bought from Bulb since joining them, and to be reimbursed for the extra I’ve paid unnecessarily, daytime electricity at over 18.75p per kwh instead of aprox 16p. Even with the lower night rate this has still cost me more than it would have done.

Bulb appear to be ignoring emails about this. Pull your finger out Bulb. I want that money back and if I don’t get a satisfactory answer on this by tomorrow I’ll have to see what legal help I can get with it.

bulb only have one rate and that is variable

1 Like

Oh… lol, okay thanks skippy64. Then I shall leave Bulb behind.

I think you are on shaky grounds when talking about legal help. Did you not go on this page: https://bulb.co.uk/tariff/ when seeking a quote from Bulb?

This is true, but I think he meant an Economy 7-style tariff - ie with a slightly raised daytime rate, and a steeply discounted night rate.

@Disgrunt, you need to review your statements carefully, and see if they refer to day and night readings/consumption, like this:

OK. but he appears to have changed to single tariff before he switched

I also took it that when they were EON they moved from E7.

Yes, I’d got that. I think @disgrunt was trying to say that Bulb have unexpectedly switched him from single rate to E7, but unintentionally misdescribed E7, thereby distracting the conversation.

Hi @Disgrunt,

Thanks for your message. I can see with us you’re on a 2 rate tariff (this is different to being on a variable tariff but I think this is what you’re referring to) as we have to bill you to the default rate your meter is on. On the national database you have a 2 rate set up and EON didn’t change this, therefore we have to carry this on.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to explain further via DM.

Georgie

Hi Georgie

Yes I’m referring to the two rate tariff. I asked EON to change this long before I switched to Bulb. What do you mean by:

“On the national database you have a 2 rate set up and EON didn’t change this, therefore we have to carry this on”?

I don’t want it. I use hardly any electricity at night. I want to pay a flat rate per kwh whatever the time of day or night.

But I don’t get any statements, not on paper in the post. I only recently found out I’m on different day/night rates by looking online at my Bulb account. I asked EON long before joining Bulb to get rid of Economy 7 and charge me a fixed rate at whatever time of day. They tried to talk me out of it by saying it would cost more but they still agreed to go ahead. Nothing in writing, this was all on the phone. I expected to remain on the same rate with Bulb.

Did you not go on this page: https://bulb.co.uk/tariff/ when seeking a quote from Bulb?

No I didn’t. I assumed I was on one rate as requested from EON long before signing up with Bulb. That’s how it should have been. Because it isn’t, I’ve paid more for electricity than need be. As it’s now cold and I’m all electric (no gas) this is particularly inconvenient. Getting any attention about this via email proved fruitless.

By default bulb only do online statements(paper statements by request only)

Bulb used to send them out in email as well (that hasn’t changed, has it?).

Now send them as downloadable PDF in your account(under statements and payments)

That used to be attached to the email.