Bulb excellent and Superb

I have been a bulb customer for almost a year. Fantastic company. Absolutely no issues and definitely cheapest and most efficient

1 Like

Even Bulb don’t claim to be the cheapest, so why do you think they are?

4 Likes

Fixed that for you.

How are you defining “most efficient” in this context? Efficient at what?

1 Like

I’ve been a Bulb “member” for nearly two years. I’m in the process of moving my gas away and will save £157 over 12 month based on current prices. I’ve not had any issues either but Bulb have.

3 Likes

I was a customer for about 6 months. Had the potential to be a fantastic company, but weren’t Absolutely lots of issues with bills, meters and lack of response.

My bill has now dropped significantly due to cheaper price elsewhere and Bulb are one of the most inefficient companies in terms of response to email, fixes to problems and calculating bills from smart meters.

4 Likes

I’ve been a very happy bulb customer for about 18 months now. Until a couple of weeks ago. They want to double my DD forcibly. They want me to have way way more credit in my account than I’ll ever use, even with the price increase and it being winter. They will no longer allow me in app to lower my payments. I pay for what I use (£60) and use that or less most months including throughout winter. They have sneakily blocked me without telling me they were doing this, from lowering my DD to anything lower than 75. I’m being forced to pay nearly a 33%increase from November, and given they demand I increase every month anyway, that will likely go up again as well.

I have enough credit in my account to cover any shortfalls I have had and am likely to have.
I have never missed a meter reading in at least the last 14 months.
I check my account very closely and see that my usage is exactly in line with what I currently pay - 60. According to bulb I’m falling into debt despite my credit increasing every month, I’m also somehow, magically simultaneously in credit (remember this is increasing every month) and in debt by around 125,and have the email from them that says this.

Good luck on your bulb journey. You’re going to need it.

3 Likes

Same here. I move over to Octopus tomorrow (4th). Rang them a couple of times just to check things out and got a human on the other end instead of a BOT.

3 Likes

An eight legged human must be better than a three headed alien bot that escaped from space invaders

Oh Space Invaders - Those were the days

1 Like

Life was so much simpler then

I move on the 12th. Not a moment too soon.

2 Likes

I been with Bulb just over 11 month and have had good service up until recently. They are due to go up in price soon for electric and since getting a smart meter from them just under a month ago and setting it to send meter reading every 30mins . It has stopped sending them every 30mins and although problem got fixed. Some days its now slow in updating daily readings in the app and even is missing two days in the daily usage chart.
Will see what happens when I get my monthly bill. As I due one in the next few days. I know I been using more electric since lock down. The In House Display shows some days I been using more electric than other days. Some days I seem to be over £2 and other days just under £2.
Im like some others on here and thinking of looking at my options and may end up changing my electric to someone else. I dont want to go back to SSE or Scottish Power.

Darren

Hey @darrenney I’m sorry that we had some issues getting data from your meter to our system for a short while.

Now we’re receiving consistent readings again your usage graph should update as normal, but please do get back in touch if this is not the case.

@Matthew_W_at_Bulb my daily usage chart for yesterday is slow in updating. So although it seems been working again there still seems to be a minor problem with it at times.

Darren

How old are you then? you must remember ping pong and tennis.

I know you asked this question of Timm, but I can remember when Methusela wore three cornered trousers :man_in_manual_wheelchair:

1 Like

download (1)

qml-tvtennis-example

2 Likes