Bulb is not accepting my gas meter readings

I keep uploading pictures of my meter as proof of meter readings but bulb still hasn’t accepted them and keeps using their estimated readings? Help please? Current reading is at 27656 but bulb is saying over 32500. Can’t upload photo as proof on here or I would.

Thanks.

Hi @Sophiejwm ,

The probable reason for this is that your meter readings are lower than Bulb’s estimated readings and, as a sanity check, their automated systems won’t accept your new readings (as meters ‘can’t go backwards’)… This could be because of a transcription error on previous meter readings (say you entered 29456 accidentally instead of 27456 as your last reading) or the ‘independent third party company’ which verifies meter readings - and who Bulb send new meter readings to before they are ‘fully accepted’ - has had a hiccup and just keeps saying ‘invalid’).

What I would do is just drop Bulb an email at help@bulb.co.uk (other contact methods are available https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ) giving them the details of readings and they should be able to manually override them.