Bulb Order number for TOPCASHBACK claim

I am being told by on-line chat that no order numbers are given but I need one to make a Topcashback claim. There is nothing in any of my emails and nothing on any of my documentation.

In another thread an account number is given with the same query as this?

Please provide me with what Topcashback are requesting otherwise I will not get cashback of £30.00 and I did not take up the £50.00 referal either. I am pretty fed up with the service so far and price are going up a whopping 18% too!

Please help.

No response from Bulb in 16 days. Good old bulb - promised so much. Still waiting to hear whether you have received my Warm Home discount too if you would be kind enough spending a couple of minutes for the service I am paying to let me know.

Have you actually emailed Bulb via help@bulb.co.uk (other details on https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ). This community forum is more intended for customers to help each other (and, of course, we don’t have access to personal data) and whilst sometimes Bulb staff do pop-in and help, it’s quite easy for them to miss queries like this one: however, if you drop them an email, you’ll get a reply.

Hi there @PaulaJ as @RichyB says this is more of a forum for Bulb members to chat in, plus since it’s a public forum we tend not to put any info that can identify you up on it, you’ll get a faster and more confidential response by emailing or phoning us. I’ve emailed you that order number incase you haven’t received it already, please do let me know if there’s anything else I can help with