Bulb put £639 in my account then taken it out of my account all on the same day 3rd December

Bulb put £639 in my account then taken it out of my account all on the same day 3rd December

Hi @todd04111 and welcome to the community :partying_face:

This is what we call a statement correction. We reimburse the account with multiple statement amounts, voiding those previous statements, and then reissue one large statement for that time period.

Our operations team then check through this to ensure you have billed accurately.

I hope this helps explain things, but please let me know if you still have questions.

– Robyn :bulb:

I believe bulb if trying to fraud the people and the government because there have done the same to me where the put £639 in my account on the 5 of December then taking a blackout but the £639 is from about 10 10 different transactions on the same day and I believe there doing this to make there account book bad for the accountant and government eyes?

Hi @todd04111 unfortunately these statement corrections happen automatically when there is a backdated change on the account. So it could be that we had to correct an incorrect old reading, change the configuration of your account or received some updated meter details or estimates from the national database. - Miriam

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cant Submit Meter Readings in App

Bulb put 1650 in my account which was in credit 75 pounds and I’ve never gone under credit I have smart meter so bills are ort should be always correct …then it went to me owing 240 in debit they say consolidated over 3 years I said this is Impossible as ive always been in credit and up to date …all this since they were in administration and I cancelled direct debit as advised so they couldn’t take out more than I owe which they tried to do to jeep afloat
Yesterday I paid above mu average monthly usage as usual 70 pounds but I am no in arrears …I also noticed they made all my electric statements now to say estimated … basically they have re worked out past 3 years and come up with a figure that is I.possible to have as like I said im in smart meter always paid upfront and more than my usual bill
Rip of and I will take this all the way

Everyone should know what bulb Is trying to do?

Its obvious…let’s get as much in front on the money side and maybe later sort out back payments when the books look good …no way on earth can they charge one rate for 3 years use the correct meter readings and then charge more after a so called investigation and for the best word of the day a consolidated bill ? So either there now saying we’ve all been paying incorrect and that bulb have been negligent or were all fools and cant switch because we’ve got arrears we don’t deserve…another way of keeping customers …sham

reading, change the configuration of your account or received some updated meter details or estimates from the national database. - Miriam

What ?? My account has been just fine I was always im front always had the correct meter readings amd now miraculously im in arrears

Can anyone interpret gibberish ??

Whats a back dated change ??? I.e you change your prices back 3 years and then reissue a new bill ??

Get in touch with ofgem

Hi @Mrgbooth,

The statements will always be charged at the correct rates during the time they were accounted for not at the current rate.

You can check out the readings that we’ve used to calculate this statement in the ‘Energy Use in Detail’ section. And you can always view your historical usage in your Bulb account.

I’ve just responded on another thread to your request to confirm Avi is looking into the reasons behind this for you. He is hoping to get this response out to you before the end of the day.

– Daisy :bulb:

Still no response from aviation 3 days later
I will continue to pay what my meter says ive used over a month I do not owe you any money and if this is not resolved I will go to ofgem

Hi @Mrgbooth,

I’m sorry that Avi still hasn’t sent the follow up email to your chat, I will message them now and ask them to send it by the end of tomorrow.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi @BillyD,

It looks like your being tagged in this discussion because one of your threads was merged with this one. I’ll double check to see if we can unmerge that for you.

– Meg :bulb:

Still no response great service … im now inky paying what my meter says ive used for the last month i refuse to be robbed

Incompetence??? No way not from these