Bulb Rip Off?

I was with Scottish Power until a couple of months ago and I was paying £70 per month. I switched to Bulb to save money.

My payment was bumped up to £100 without warning after a month, and they’re taking £101 from my account this month. They included a wee message telling me my payment is going up to £117 per month from next month. Does the word ‘saving’ mean something different south of the border?

Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

youarnotalone

I was with Scottish Power until a couple of months ago and I was paying £70 per month. I switched to Bulb to save money.

My payment was bumped up to £100 without warning after a month, and they’re taking £101 from my account this month. They included a wee message telling me my payment is going up to £117 per month from next month. Does the word ‘saving’ mean something different south of the border?

Speaking as another customer.

Can you please advise if you have submitted monthly meter readings at the time requested by Bulb?

This will determine how best to answer your concerns.

As an aside I have just carried out a price comparison with Scottish Power and they were quite a bit more expensive than Bulb regardless of whether it was a fixed or available tariff from SP.

I hope I get a response from the two other customers who have posted here? They need to justify the Subject line of “Bulb Rip Off”?

Speaking as another customer.

Can you please advise if you have submitted monthly meter readings at the time requested by Bulb?

This will determine how best to answer your concerns.

As an aside I have just carried out a price comparison with Scottish Power and they were quite a bit more expensive than Bulb regardless of whether it was a fixed or available tariff from SP.

Expanding a little further on @Allanr comment, are you talking about your Direct Debit payments or your actual monthly Bill?

You’re making the typical mistake of confusing “the monthly payment” with “the bill”.

In order to justify your claim of a “rip off” please demonstrate:

1. Where the Bulb unit rates (pence per kWh) and standing charges detailed on your bill are more than advertised.
  2. Which currently available Scottish Power tariff has lower unit rates and standing charges.

This information will significantly help others when looking to move to a cheaper rate, so I sincerely hope you return to provide the necessary details.

[This message has been removed by team Bulb]

They discriminate heavily against heterosexuals, people over 35 and even women.

@Seano I have literally no idea what you’re on about.

Stop trolling the forums you’re looking foolish