Bulb smart meter and solar export

Been asked if I want a smart meter. If I get a smart elec meter installed by Bulb :
(a) Will it accurately report my consumption from the grid and what I’m consuming from my PV system?
(b) My FIT provider asks for my generation reading from the little meter installed with my PV system to work out my generation and export payments. Would the Bulb smart meter give an export reading that I would have to send instead?

Thanks a bunch.

(a) Will it accurately report my consumption from the grid and what I'm consuming from my PV system?
It will accurately report what you import from the grid, and export to the grid. It won't directly measure the generation from your PV system.
(b) My FIT provider asks for my generation reading from the little meter installed with my PV system to work out my generation and export payments. Would the Bulb smart meter give an export reading that I would have to send instead?
At present, no. Having a smart meter would not change your FIT readings. In the future this may be different as they start to require accurate export figures rather than ballpark guesses, but for the time being there would be no change.

Thanks hugely.

(a) Will it accurately report my consumption from the grid and what I'm consuming from my PV system?
It will accurately report what you import from the grid, and export to the grid.

Not sure about that. Is there a smart meter out there in the UK that can measure what you export to the grid? Does mowcius know that for sure? And do we yet know anything about the smart meters bulb intends to deploy?

The way FIT meters are wired in the UK, you don’t know what you export. That’s why your FIT includes a “Deemed Export” figure, which for me at least is a few pence extra per kWh on 50% of the overall kWh generated.

I have a generation meter for FIT, which my deemed export is based on.

My smart meter records what is actually exported, but this isn’t used by anyone…

Not sure about that. Is there a smart meter out there in the UK that can measure what you export to the grid? Does mowcius know that for sure? And do we yet know anything about the smart meters bulb intends to deploy?
Yes, every SMETS2 compliant meter (AFAIK).

Bulb are deploying the EDMI ES-10A (and I have one), which can most definitely do this. Mine states “Export, 00000kWh”.
(See here)

When Bulb introduce their Export Tariff, you can expect that this figure will be used directly, rather than the assumed 50% figure that everyone makes the most of (to put it nicely).

Ah, tried to book my installation but my electric meter is alongside a toilet so can’t be described as having 60cm around it therefore I cannot continue with the booking :frowning: I guess I’ll have to wait until they are doing “difficult” installations.

Not sure about that. Is there a smart meter out there in the UK that can measure what you export to the grid?

My SMETS1 meter also correctly records export as do all smart meters as far as I’m aware, as I mentioned to you in a previous thread where you were posting incorrect information with an authoritative tone. I don’t mean to be rude but a lot of what you post on here is well out of date at best, and simply incorrect at worst. The fact that you write with an authoritative tone doesn’t help with relieving the confusion that a lot of people have about solar and smart meters.