Bulb Smart Meter not working seven weeks after Bulb had it installed

Bulb Energy had a smart meter installed in my house 7 weeks ago. It still is not working. The meter details are still not updated on the Bulb system. This means that for seven weeks I have no idea of my actual energy usage, payment, VAT etc and neither have Bulb. Customer service have so far been unable to resolve the problem.

welcome to the club

Welcome to the club? You mean there is a special club for Bulb customers whose smart meters don’t work? Wow!

I had mine installed 2 months ago and it has never worked.

All I get is an automated emails saying “Your complaint will remain open until we’re able to commission your meter” which I’m guessing will mean taking another day off work?

No response to notes on Twitter.

Shocking customer service.

“This means that for seven weeks I have no idea of my actual energy usage, payment, VAT etc and neither have Bulb. Customer service have so far been unable to resolve the problem.”

You can still get meter readings, can you not?

Well, the whole point of having Bulb install a smart meter was so that I don’t have to read the meter myself. Otherwise, why have a smart meter? But the main problem is that I no longer get the monthly statement of usage, cost, VAT etc. I need this statement to claim my expenses (I work from home so I can claim from my employer). Without the statement I am actually out-of-pocket. I wish I had never let Bulb install their so-called “smart” meter.

But the main problem is that I no longer get the monthly statement of usage, cost, VAT etc. I need this statement to claim my expenses (I work from home so I can claim from my employer). Without the statement I am actually out-of-pocket.

@“Hayden at Bulb” @“Amit at Bulb” @“Will at Bulb” It seems that the whole Customer Service Team has been told to adopt your strategy of keeping a low profile in the hope that the problems will just disappear, but isn’t it time to start showing your customers a bit more respect?

No updates, ignored emails, unacknowledged complaints - certainly not the customer service that MSE thinks you get from Bulb.

Have you raised your complaint with the ombudsman? I think we should be in line for compensation for this shocking service?

After 3 months of intermittent meter readings and a IHD that has never worked,I thought about complaining to the Ombudsman,but what’s the point? Bulb may get their hands smacked and I may get a small amount of compensation. But that still won’t solve the problem. I wish I could switch but I’ve been told that unless Bulb sort the IHD problem, no other supplier can,

Have you raised your complaint with the ombudsman? I think we should be in line for compensation for this shocking service?

No ombudsman or compensation, just a bit of courtesy from Bulb.

Maybe write reviews on Trustpilot https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bulb.co.uk

Did Trustpilot weeks ago!

I’ve left feedback on Trust Pilot. I’m also (after cancelling my direct debit but then realising that it will screw my credit score) reducing my monthly payments to them to a third of what they were until they get this issue resolved. If every Smart Meter Fiasco customer did this and their revenue dropped off, maybe they would take some action.

It’s beyond a joke that there is NO OWNERSHIP of this by Bulb. No timescales, no plans of action, no response on this forum. My daughter moves house today, normally I’d recommend Bulb, I haven’t and won’t.

Problems happen - no-one is perfect - but it’s how you deal with them that’s the issue. As I’ve said before, the CEO should be on here posting weekly updates with actual figures of faulty / fixed meters until this mess is cleared up.

As I’ve said before, the CEO should be on here posting weekly updates with actual figures of faulty / fixed meters until this mess is cleared up.

I don’t have smart meters hence I have no issues with Bulb, However I do fully agree with your comments about where is the CEO. during this debacle? I fail to see how the smart issue fiasco isn’t one of the items at the top of his daily agenda.