Call to customer service cost me £22

Last month I topped up my meter and the credit didn’t go on. I rang customer services a d it took a long time to get through, and the gentleman who dealt with my call kept putting me on hold whilst trying to work it out. The call lasted well over an hour. When my phone bill for this month arrived I was horrified. It was a lot higher than usual. I had a look at the itemised bill for my landline and there was only one call I’d made lfrom it- I’ve been charged over £22 for a phone call to customer service.
My energy bills have more than doubled and diesel and food is so expensive right now and this is another expense I could do without. Surely it can’t be right to charge this much for a call to a landline?!
I tried to upload a screenshot of my bill but apparently new users cannot upload images?!

It’s a rip off, I agree, but your phone company charged you, not Bulb.
Most phone service providers offer a calls package for around £7 or £8/month-ish giving unlimited inclusive calls to UK 01, 02 and 03 numbers.

Hey @Lucyh and welcome to the community :wave:

I’m sorry that your phone company has charged this amount - our number is free to contact, so it may be worth raising this with your provider?

– Robyn :bulb: