Can I cancel my switch?

Please can you cancel my switch too? My currrnt provider have offered a better deal

You can do it via this page: Cancelling your switch to Bulb – Bulb

It’s saying I can’t , but I don’t want direct debit to come out as I’m staying with old supplier. Plus they take in advance so I don’t want that to happen

@Hdelaney I am afraid the reason it said you cannot switch is because you were outside of the cooling off period and the switch cannot be stopped at this point. You can switch away from us once we have taken over though.

I haven’t even switched to you yet so how am I outside of the cooling off period? I’ve had to block the direct debit from coming out I’m afraid.

I haven’t even switched to you yet so how am I outside of the cooling off period? I’ve had to block the direct debit from coming out I’m afraid.

Purely from a customers understanding of the situation. From your earlier posting you had agreed to make a switch to Bulb. If so you can cancel your switch within 14 days of you joining Bulb (by joining I don’t mean the actual switch). It you decide to cancel your switch after this 14 days you must then wait for the switch to take place before before the cancellation can take place. The 14 days is the cooling off period.

Generally speaking the switch takes place 21 days after you join Bulb.

The official policy is in Bulbs Terms and Conditions:

8. Cancelling your Agreement with us

8.1. You have the right to cancel this Agreement and your relationship with us up to 14 days after the day this Agreement starts. We call this the cooling off period. You can cancel your Agreement with us after we commence supply of your energy by switching to another supplier or entering into a new agreement with us.

To me the whole taking payment upfront whilst I’m still paying my old supplier doesn’t sit well. I’m making potentially 3 payments I one cycle by doing this

And
Also I wasn’t out of the 14 days when I tried to cancel, I attempted
To cancel on 6th September which was the 14th day and it wouldn’t let me hence
Why I am on here. I’ve emailed and tried to call with no success

To me the whole taking payment upfront whilst I’m still paying my old supplier doesn’t sit well. I’m making potentially 3 payments I one cycle by doing this

When I joined Bulb I fully understood they took payments one month in advance. Plus during the switch phase I would also have to pay my previous supplier up to the date of my actual switch. I don’t quite understand why you were not aware.

I don’t understand the 3 payments comments. 2 payments I can understand. My two previous suppliers refunded any credit to my bank not very long after my switch (although in exceptional circumstances it can be as long as 6 weeks).