Cannot fault Bulb

I thought i would post this as i read lots of people complaining about Bulb . I was with EDF energy for years, never understood my billing it was that hard to understand . I joined Bulb and my first two months were £49 and £42 respectively.

With EDF my monthly payments were upped to £85. We have had a hot tub fitted exactly one month ago today and through the simple pimple way the online account works i can keep track of my monthly energy costs easily. Its quite simple to get off your backside and input regular meter readings and that is where most people i assume fall down on this part. My bills are as accurate and as easy to understand as its in plain English.

Anyway i am paying about the same with Bulb and my Hot Tub as i was paying EDF without it.

It would help if people could spell correctly though . Maybe they cannot read basic instructions either .

I like the rest of your post but your one line comment above seems out of context. Please take into account some customers may have a certain condition such as dyslexia which may hinder their spelling capabilities?

Very true Allanr, it wasn’t meant in that context . I have ammended .

Very true Allanr, it wasn't meant in that context . I have ammended .

Many thanks for amending the information.

I thought i would post this as i read lots of people complaining about Bulb . I was with EDF energy for years, never understood my billing it was that hard to understand . I joined Bulb and my first two months were £49 and £42 respectively.

With EDF my monthly payments were upped to £85. We have had a hot tub fitted exactly one month ago today and through the simple pimple way the online account works i can keep track of my monthly energy costs easily. Its quite simple to get off your backside and input regular meter readings and that is where most people i assume fall down on this part. My bills are as accurate and as easy to understand as its in plain English.

Anyway i am paying about the same with Bulb and my Hot Tub as i was paying EDF without it.

When I first joined Bulb, it was great, simple tariff, 100% green energy, easy to submit meter readings. Monthly accurate statements, fair monthly charging. Then I had a smart meter installed by Bulb, and then the problems started, Unfortunately for many the Smart Meter roll out has been an absolute shambles, with people spending a fair amount of time chasing Bulb with Bulb giving the impression they really did not know what was going on with its Smart meters. As it stands I have not had a monthly statement since 1st of May. My meter and IHD sometimes works, sometimes does not work. This is why Bulb are (quite rightly) getting some flack. If you do not have a Smart Meter, you will not notice any of this.

This is why Bulb are (quite rightly) getting some flack. If you do not have a Smart Meter, you will not notice any of this.

Exactly why I am not encountering any problems with Bulb, i.e. I don’t have smart meters.

There are also a lot of inpatient people who can’t just wait a few months for it to be sorted (smart meter) they gave numerous updates to say they were having technical difficulties, however needy customers want everything there and then. It hasn’t cost anything. It will work eventually. Mine took 2 months to sort

@RuntyFish
One point you may have missed is that some of us have zero visibility on usage or our bills or statements since the smart meter installation. Even after mailing or trying to phone in meter readings there is no visibility any more.

I have become inpatient as you put it because all the great features I enjoyed from being with Bulb disappeared. I do not care about the technical stuff and happy to wait but am inpatient about having visibility of my usage and where my money is going. By my manual reckoning I am £400 in credit with Bulb. It does not seem needy to want to have a statement or bill with usage which was happening before.

But I get that some lucky people have no issues with Bulb, enjoy it, poor customer service and an inability to let customers know the status of their account is frustrating for some of us. And by the way, it has been more than 2 months now.

Hmmm i dont have a smart meter this is true so im not seeing any issues.
Having said that i am not a fan of them at all, i hate to see you have used this whilst you have been asleep lol.
A smart meter has no benefit to me, it wont make me use the kettle less or cook on the hob less. It just tells you how much that cuppa and your oven chips has cost you . Cannot see the point really in an eagerness to have one fit.
I will resist until they are compulsary and resist some more .

It would appear it is an industry problem, I cant see me going Smart anytime soon.:

There are also a lot of inpatient people who can't just wait a few months for it to be sorted (smart meter) they gave numerous updates to say they were having technical difficulties, however needy customers want everything there and then. It hasn't cost anything. It will work eventually. Mine took 2 months to sort

5 months…and counting :frowning:

Thanks for sharing @mpholgate. It’s so lovely to hear your feedback.

I’m very jealous of the hot tub! I bet you have friends queuing outside your door to use it.

There are also a lot of inpatient people who can't just wait a few months for it to be sorted (smart meter) they gave numerous updates to say they were having technical difficulties, however needy customers want everything there and then. It hasn't cost anything. It will work eventually. Mine took 2 months to sort

That is not really fair, service from Bulb is far below any reasonable expectation. Many of us have no bill, or an estimated bill with no way of getting to update the reading other than phone them. Unfortunately, the wait on the phone has been very long. They could have negated this whole problem if they had not removed the ability to be able to put in a customer reading that overrules the (non) Smart Meter. I checked a few other suppliers out. Eon for example allow customers to enter readings online regardless of whether or not they have a Smart Meter.