Cannot have a Smart Meter because " We don't have the right setup for you property"

Does anyone know what this means? It is from the Bulb application for a smart meter page.

We don’t have the right setup for your property

Thanks for your interest. We’ll be in touch when we have the right smart meter setup for your property.

Is your electric meter 3 phase? Not sure if they do 3 phase yet but I do know there are not that many 3 phase qualified engineers out there

Hi @CRD

I understand you were looking for a smart meter for your solar export plan. Our team reviewed your type of meter and it seems you may have a 3 phase meter, currently we cannot book any members with this type of meter as we do not install these yet. Due to an industry-wide shortage of meter stock. We don’t have a timeframe for when they’ll be available however I’ve added you to our waiting list. When we do start appointments again, we’ll let you know.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Hi Suki

That is very strange as it’s got Multi Rate Single Phase Watt Hour Meter stamped all over it.

It must have been incorrectly named and stamped at the factory where it was produced. As I don’t own the meter I will get the owner to check all their meters that were produced in the last 20 years.

Because you have told me I have got three phase I will go out tomorrow and buy some garage equipment I’ve always wanted

Can you please inform your team I wasn’t born yesterday and ask them to clean up the bovine excrement they seem to be dealing in.

Kind regards

CRD. MIEE

No, my meter is DEFINITLY single phase. I wish it was 3 phase!

Help Help Help
Is there anyone in BULB who knows the difference between single and three phase?!?!?!?!?!

A single phase meter will have 4 wires and a 3 phase will have 8 wires. Single phase will have 1, 2 or 3 fuses but only one of them will be used, 3 phase will have 3 fuses and they will all be used

Thank you very much.

I hope the person who thinks I have 3 phase reads this!

Thanks again

1 Like

Hi @CRD

Looking at the national database your supply is listed as 3 phase.

If you think this is incorrect, please send over a photo of your meter to help@bulb.co.uk and we can take a look

• E

Whose database ?
What database ?
How did you find out ?

Do you know what 3 phase is?
Have you ever seen a 3 phase supply?

The dno have a database of which property has what. Judging by how many 3ph jobs i attended the database isn’t always accurate

Hey @CRD

As @Smart_fitter has pointed out, the database is not always 100% accurate so in order to amend this we need a photo of your metering set up. If you can follow Ele’s instructions and send this over, we can get this updated and then should be able to send out an engineer to install a smart meter for you.

– Robyn :bulb: