Can't book smart meter installation

Hello!

Since November I’ve been trying to book a smart meter installation and it’s been impossible to do so because the system always throws an error. The interesting - and kind of frustrating - bit is that most of the time I’ve tried to make a booking is because Bulb contacts me either by phone or email to tell me to do it. I’ve spent quite some time with different agents that contact me over the phone to book the appointment to find out that it’s not possible to complete the request because of a system failure. Same thing when I get an email to make the request from the website. I’m interested in installing a smart meter, but is it possible to ask me to make the request once the system is working properly so I don’t keep wasting my time?

Thanks,
Ernesto

Hi @ernesto - welcome to community :wave:

I’m sorry you’re having issues booking in a smart installation. I’ve just tried to book it in myself and encountered the same error.

I’ll drop you an email now to confirm the best dates and time, and I’ll try and book it on our system manually.

– Meg :bulb:

I’m having the same problem, can’t even put in my postcode.
Peter

I am also having issues booking a smart meter - can you help?

Hey @piwilliams68 and @Dagurney Welcome to the community forum and we apologise for the issues with your booking.

Could you both just provide some detail about your current meters?

Location, how many wires underneath meters, distance between gas and electric (if you have both)

It could also be the case we have limited spaces for bookings at the moment.

–Carl :bulb:

I have the same issue. Meter info:
MPAN Reference: 1012984852866
Meter number: D13W069895
Economy 7

Can you help?

John

PS - Location - in Kitchen
4 wires - 2 in, 2 out
No Gas meter

Hi @jawright Thank you for posting, welcome to community :wave:t4:

I have just sent you over an email requesting for some further information.

As soon as we get that I will request for your smart meter job to be booked in by our metering team.

If you have any further questions then please could you respond back to my email thread? :slightly_smiling_face:

–Suki :hibiscus:

Hi Suki,

See pic. Meter is built into a cupboard with a removeable back for access.

If better access is required I can remove the shelves and back below it too.

System won’t let me upload a pic

John

Hi @jawright ,

I have received the setup image in your email and have relayed it to our metering team.

As soon as I have an update I will send you over a follow up email.

–Suki :hibiscus:

I wondered if there was any news Suki?
John