Card payment

Hello, can i make occasional payments using a card not linked to my bulb account ?.

Hi @Baldy, funnily enough you’re the second person to ask this question within two weeks!
Apparently it’s something they’d never been asked before but they’ll look at potentially implementing the functionality in the future.

Although it’s a bit of a workaround, I believe you can change your payment card details on MyBulb to another card, top up an amount, and then change it back but it’s not exactly a sleek solution.

You may also be able to give them a ring to request a top-up from a different card.

@Baldy
You can do either of the above but we don’t usually take this type of payment set up as we are striving for simplicity and having 1 monthly payment from the same card each month.

we don't usually take this type of payment set up as we are striving for simplicity and having 1 monthly payment from the same card each month.
Simplicity on Bulb's end or simplicity for the user? It does really seem like a bit of an omission from a user perspective.

I ended up switching cards for my Bulb supply to my spending card just so I can top-up easier, but it does increase the risk that I’ll forget to put any money on it and have a monthly payment declined.