Change name

Hi, my mum will live at my home but I will continue paying the bill, can you put her name in the bill?

Hi @Estela,

You might find the help article Adding a second name to your Bulb account – Bulb useful as it outlines the steps needed (Bulb’s email address and phone number are on How to get in touch – Bulb once you’ve decided which method is easiest for you and your Mum to ‘authenticate’ the request).

Hi @Estela,

You can add another person to the account, we just need to make sure that the other person agrees with this before we do.

1. Email us at help@bulb.co.uk and copy in the person you want to add to your account. Make sure you use the email address you use for your Bulb account, so we know it’s you.
  2. The person that you’ve copied in on the email needs to reply to confirm they’re happy to be added to your Bulb account.
  3. That’s it - we’ll sort the rest out for you both.

If you prefer, they can call us on 0300 30 30 635 with you present.

Or as @RichyB said the help articles explain this too. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Pollyanna

1) Email us at help@bulb.co.uk and copy in the person you want to add to your account. Make sure you use the email address you use for your Bulb account, so we know it's you. 2) The person that you've copied in on the email needs to reply to confirm they're happy to be added to your Bulb account.

Other than phoning I cant think of another way to add a person but I could easily get my wife added using the email system without her knowing unless I am missing something.

Other than phoning I cant think of another way to add a person but I could easily get my wife added using the email system without her knowing unless I am missing something.

Agreed. This is awfully insecure.

1) Email us at help@bulb.co.uk and copy in the person you want to add to your account. Make sure you use the email address you use for your Bulb account, so we know it's you. 2) The person that you've copied in on the email needs to reply to confirm they're happy to be added to your Bulb account. 3) That's it - we'll sort the rest out for you both.

It’s utterly trivial to spoof the “from:” field of an email. Email is not secure.

If you prefer, they can call us on 0300 30 30 635 with you present.

Even this doesn’t prove anything. How do you know for sure the second person is who they say they are?

The only secure way I can see to do this is by post, with signed confirmations. At least then you have a signature that is considered to be trusted, even if they aren’t really.