Change of tariff


We have a two rate meter but no longer have storage heaters. Anything we can do to get onto the standard tariff?


It depends entirely on the way the cables supplying electricity are configured in your house.

Do you have a single supply but two rates on your meter resulting in two MPANs or do you have two supplies?

If it’s the former, bulb can change your meter to a standard one but this costs £120 (a change to a smart meter is free but they have problems right now)

If it’s the latter, contact your DNO or siemens metering for a recommended course of action.

Your DNO can be found here.

Do you have 4 or 5 cables connected to your meter?

Great - thanks for this detailed reply. I think it is a single supply with two rates. I’ll double check and go forward from there.