Changing from EDF to Bulb

Hi I’m Merry
Have anyone here ever changed the provider from Edf to Bulb?
I’ve changed in late September 2018 and edf has already sent the final bill. I already paid for that.
So will edf send me again the bill or the provider will automatically change to bulb? Or do i have to submit meter readings to Bulb so that the bill statement’s out?

I’ve changed in late September 2018 and edf has already sent the final bill. I already paid for that. So will edf send me again the bill or the provider will automatically change to bulb? Or do i have to submit meter readings to Bulb so that the bill statement’s out?

Hello. I’m not entirely sure I understand your question.

If EDF have sent you their final bill, then they wont send you any more bills. That’s what final means.

Assuming you are indicating that your energy supply has completed switching to Bulb, then yes you will now submit your meter readings to Bulb rather than to EDF, and Bulb will produce your bills. This seems so incredibly obvious that I feel I must be missing something important. Apologies if I’ve completely misunderstood your question.

Hi @Merry ,
If you switched to Bulb in late September, then you should have had monthly statements from them in late October and late November, preceded three days previously by a reminder email to submit readings. Have you had those?

I’m changing from ed officially Tomorrow. I’m on a pay as u go meter. Do I have to put my token in the meter before I purchase gas or electricity?

I'm changing from ed officially Tomorrow. I'm on a pay as u go meter. Do I have to put my token in the meter before I purchase gas or electricity?

You will have been giving information that will have been included with the delivery of your electricity and gas card/key, to who to proceed with the first time you use the card/key. furthermore, a quick search in the help section of Bulb website would have given you this result: The first time you use your top up (prepayment) key or card – Bulb