Changing from Pipet 500 to Chameleon IHD

Hello, I’m currently in the process of joining Bulb and at the moment am using a Secure Pipit 500 IHD with my current/soon-to-be previous supplier.

I have managed to source a secondhand Chameleon IHD3 (probably setup for a different supplier), will I be able to use this as my IHD with Bulb and if so, how do I go about setting it up?

I’m hoping to have the device before the change over date.

Thank you in advance.

Hello @Kyutu,

Welcome to Bulb’s community! :raised_hands:

Great question regarding the IHD and whether it will continue to function once you’ve completed the switch to Bulb.

We’d recommend continuing to use the previous suppliers IHD as if the meters are still connected to the smart network, they should continue to function. The IHD is linked to your meter, so the second hand IHD is unlikely to work unfortunately.

Let us know how you get on and if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Freya

Thanks for getting back to me Freya, that’s a shame. The Chameleon IHD would have been much better for my situation as it can be seen from a greater distance and doesn’t need to be woken up to see balances etc.

I was hoping it would be possible to pair it over the phone or something, assuming IHD’s occasionally need to be reset/re-paired in some cases.

Bulb don’t have the technical knowledge on how to pair/remotely connect alternative IHDs, it can be done. I’m using the Hildebrand IHD with my smart meters as Bulb could never get their equipment to work. If you have a communicating SMETS2 meter, I’d recommend looking at Hildebrand - they even have a free mobile app for smart meters,meaning you could really lose the IHD.

Hi @Phytone3d,

That’s interesting, did you manage to successfully connect your Hildebrand IHD to your SMETS2 meter(s)?

If so, would love to forward this to our smart team!

Best wishes,
Trevor

Hi @Trevor_at_Bulb Hildebrand connected it to my Bulb SMETS2 meters before they sent it out. There was an initial connection issue which they fixed remotely on the initial powerup on the IHD within minutes of being advised.

I struggle to understand how a 3rd party can manage this, when my energy supplier can’t.