changing the name on the account

Mum died this month & the account was in her name. Is it alright to email you/bulb with the current name (mum’s) and the names of myself & husband for the current account.? Thanks

Hi there @sunnypeace I’ve replied on the other thread but I’ll put the same thing here just in case. We can change the account over to your and your husband’s names, that’s no problem, we’ll just need to hear from you by email with a copy of the death certificate, power of attorney, or a letter showing that you’re the executor of the will and we’ll get everything sorted out for you. My condolences for your loss.

Hi there @sunnypeace I've replied on the other thread but I'll put the same thing here just in case. We can change the account over to your and your husband's names, that's no problem, we'll just need to hear from you by email with a copy of the death certificate, power of attorney, or a letter showing that you're the executor of the will and we'll get everything sorted out for you. My condolences for your loss.

Thanks sincerely @David at Bulb We are all three of those (+also live here at the house) & I believe I have pdfs of all three! So will email today. Again, thanks

Hi there @sunnypeace I've replied on the other thread but I'll put the same thing here just in case. We can change the account over to your and your husband's names, that's no problem, we'll just need to hear from you by email with a copy of the death certificate, power of attorney, or a letter showing that you're the executor of the will and we'll get everything sorted out for you. My condolences for your loss.

Thanks sincerely @David at Bulb We are all three of those (+also live here at the house) & I believe I have pdfs of all three! So will email today. Again, thanks

Oops forgot to ask… I assume the ‘contact us’ button for sending these docs? Thanks

@sunnypeace you can just send us an email to help@bulb.co.uk with all those docs :+1: